Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hmmm. Churches in France do seem to be suffering a terrible run of luck lately.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hmmm. Churches in France do seem to be suffering a terrible run of luck lately.

'...And Officials Don't Know Why'.

https://www.newsweek.com/spate-attac...statue-1370800

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    A couple of years ago I attended mass on Good Friday at St Sulpice and on Easter Sunday at Notre Dame.

If it turns out to have been an arson attack by a certain group, they'll never admit it, will they?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    A couple of years ago I attended mass on Good Friday at St Sulpice and on Easter Sunday at Notre Dame.

If it turns out to have been an arson attack by a certain group, they'll never admit it, will they?
    Nope. It will be covered up at all costs.

In fact, if any country has shown incredible restraint in its response to Islamic terror over the last few years, it's France, which has suffered worse than any other country. Finding out they burned down Notre Dame might be the straw that broke the camel's back.

I made the mistake of going to St Denis a couple of years ago. It's a muslim ghetto now. It's regularly vandalised and attacked - even needing armed guards. Charles Martel's buried there. He stopped the ****s at the Battle of Tours. I bet he wonders why he bothered now.
    Last edited by Burney; 04-16-2019 at 08:30 AM.

Piss off you diseased little troll

Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    Piss off you diseased little troll
    Mate, you almost certainly pronounce it 'Noder Dayme', which means you don't get to have a fúcking opinion.

Now fúck off back under your rock, ****.

Mate, you almost certainly pronounce it 'Noder Dayme', which means you don't get to have a fúcking opinion.

Now fúck off back under your rock, ****.
    This is not an "opinion" you're offering, it's just a long blather of slightly disrespectful scab-picking. In the presence of something righteous, it strikes one as inappropriate. So, as for that rock, yes, same to you.

Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    This is not an "opinion" you're offering, it's just a long blather of slightly disrespectful scab-picking. In the presence of something righteous, it strikes one as inappropriate. So, as for that rock, yes, same to you.
    I fail to see what's 'disrespectful' about pointing out that this fire has occurred in the context of a spate of other attacks on religious sites in France - including arson. Would you prefer that fact were simply ignored?

I fail to see what's 'disrespectful' about pointing out that this fire has occurred in the context of a spate of other attacks on religious sites in France - including arson. Would you prefer that fact were simply ignored?
    I believe it was your "and officials don't know why" that might have led ega to his post
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Nah you're just wasting our time. Granted, this is what AWIMB is for. You're constantly banging on about the cultural crisis faced by Europe and using this tragedy, a tragedy for art and for a sense of timelessness, to further your tendentious twaddle. Therefore, while AWIMB is for wasting time, there are limits.

You aren't saying that mentally ill people are starting these fires, are you?