Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hmmm. Churches in France do seem to be suffering a terrible run of luck lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Maravilloso Marvo View Post
    It seems to be quite the jump from rubbing poo on a cross to burning down the Notre Dame, no?
    Not much of a jump from setting fire to Saint Sulpice to setting fire to Notre Dame, though, is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Mate, you almost certainly pronounce it 'Noder Dayme', which means you don't get to have a fúcking opinion.

Now fúck off back under your rock, ****.
    This is not an "opinion" you're offering, it's just a long blather of slightly disrespectful scab-picking. In the presence of something righteous, it strikes one as inappropriate. So, as for that rock, yes, same to you.

Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    This is not an "opinion" you're offering, it's just a long blather of slightly disrespectful scab-picking. In the presence of something righteous, it strikes one as inappropriate. So, as for that rock, yes, same to you.
    I fail to see what's 'disrespectful' about pointing out that this fire has occurred in the context of a spate of other attacks on religious sites in France - including arson. Would you prefer that fact were simply ignored?

I fail to see what's 'disrespectful' about pointing out that this fire has occurred in the context of a spate of other attacks on religious sites in France - including arson. Would you prefer that fact were simply ignored?
    I believe it was your "and officials don't know why" that might have led ega to his post
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Nah you're just wasting our time. Granted, this is what AWIMB is for. You're constantly banging on about the cultural crisis faced by Europe and using this tragedy, a tragedy for art and for a sense of timelessness, to further your tendentious twaddle. Therefore, while AWIMB is for wasting time, there are limits.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    I believe it was your "and officials don't know why" that might have led ega to his post
    Yes, because that is utterly laughable. The reason is obvious to a half-bright child. It's the same reason we now have anti-car barriers on central London, invasive levels of security at airports, bombs going off at music concerts and massacres committed in European cities.

Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    Nah you're just wasting our time. Granted, this is what AWIMB is for. You're constantly banging on about the cultural crisis faced by Europe and using this tragedy, a tragedy for art and for a sense of timelessness, to further your tendentious twaddle. Therefore, while AWIMB is for wasting time, there are limits.
    So you categorically dismiss the notion that there could be a link between this fire at a French Christian religious site and the many attacks on French Christian religious sites that have taken place lately?

That seems oddly certain of you. I mean by all means be sceptical, but to dismiss the notion entirely without even acknowledging that the possibility exists suggests that, rather than exercising your intelligence, you're simply following a path dictated to you by your ideology.

Yes, because that is utterly laughable. The reason is obvious to a half-bright child. It's the same reason we now have anti-car barriers on central London, invasive levels of security at airports, bombs going off at music concerts and massacres committed in European cities.
    So the default for you is that it was arson, and arson by a certain set of people, rather than the far more obvious answer that it was an accident?

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    So the default for you is that it was arson, and arson by a certain set of people, rather than the far more obvious answer that it was an accident?
    Of course it may well have been an accident, but what you've missed is the link in b's original post describing the disturbing number of incidents recently at catholic churches in France. So that surely weighs on the balance of probablilities?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Of course it may well have been an accident, but what you've missed is the link in b's original post describing the disturbing number of incidents recently at catholic churches in France. So that surely weighs on the balance of probablilities?
    I haven't missed the link, I would suggest the huge probaility that it is an accident, with a small chance it was arson....which seems to be the opposite of what b is suggesting