Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: For the flids complaining about us being **** yesterday

OK. But right now, I'm asking you.

You say you were OK with this "outcome" a couple of years ago. So again, what has changed?

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    You’d need to ask the posters who are now happy with this outcome.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post

You say you were OK with this "outcome" a couple of years ago. So again, what has changed?
    Because if you spend months moaning like a little b1tch about Wenger being sacked you might look stupid if you accept that the new manager has done better than Wenger so you have to make out that he hasn't in order to protect your ego?

You've gone and spoiled it now.

Quite right though, we should always be happy with this no matter who's in charge or how much we spend. Because that's football.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Because if you spend months moaning like a little b1tch about Wenger being sacked you might look stupid if you accept that the new manager has done better than Wenger so you have to make out that he hasn't in order to protect your ego?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

You've gone and spoiled it now.

Quite right though, we should always be happy with this no matter who's in charge or how much we spend. Because that's football.

You didn't think he was going to give you that answer, did you red? No matter how true it is, of course.

It’s doesn’t matter how far your horse wins imo

10 lengths or nose

Who cares...I don’t.

At this stage of the season 3 points is 3 points.

Other positives are that we got to rest Lacazette, negotiated the first of a two game for Sokratis and picked up no new injuries or suspensions.

Roll on Napoli.

I’ll take a 1 nil defeat right now

The fact that we finished 5th two seasons ago and 6th last season and were the same distance away from relegation as we were from 1st.

That made making the top 4 an improvement and people like to see things improving rather than getting worse.

It really isn't that difficult.
    I really don't like to engage in ad hominem attacks, but your Ramsey hating self does make that difficult.

We had a hope of finishing top 4 and a good cup run in the last two years. That's really all we will ever have under Emery.

If we were to make that change on a performance improvement, it had to be to a point where we could harbour some realistically higher hopes.

I thought it was time for Wenger to leave, that view was more from a human than performance perspective, but it was time.

We've changed to someone who may win us a Europa League, but never the league. Hurrah.

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    If we were to make that change on a performance improvement, it had to be to a point where we could harbour some realistically higher hopes.

I thought it was time for Wenger to leave, that view was more from a human than performance perspective, but it was time.

We've changed to someone who may win us a Europa League, but never the league. Hurrah.
    So you've come to the conclusion that we can never win the league under Emery and state it as a fact even though he has yet to complete a single season with us and has won both Ligue 1 and 3 consecutive EL trophies with a relatively poorly funded team in Sevilla.

You couldn't show your workings here in a little more detail could you?

BTW, my Ramsey hating is always slightly tongue in cheek and has become even more so under Emery who has him playing at a higher level than he did under Wenger, I would now keep him at Arsenal if I had a choice, but not at 300K a week

So you've come to the conclusion that we can never win the league under Emery and state it as a fact even though he has yet to complete a single season with us and has won both Ligue 1 and 3 consecutive EL trophies with a relatively poorly funded team in Sevilla.

BTW, my Ramsey hating is always slightly tongue in cheek and has become even more so under Emery who has him playing at a higher level than he did under Wenger, I would now keep him at Arsenal if I had a choice, but not at 300K a week
    Emery has never won a league without a massive financial advantage. Of course, there is always a chance we could suddenly become the richest club on Earth, but I suspect we’d be looking at Pep in that scenario.

Slightly tongue in cheek or not, it’s always been blindingly obvious what Ramsey brings and no, this isn’t his best season, but he is comfortably our player of the season.

Look. You’ve made a **** of yourself. Show a little dignit6 and admit it. Tongue in cheek indeed.

Silly moose****er.