Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Anyone else begun to feel Brexit?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Do you know, I was just trying to remember the last time I took a short haul flight that actually had business class.
    I took one in the States and got upgraded to 1st class, which essentially is a slightly wider seat and a glass of Champagne on take-off

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Do you know, I was just trying to remember the last time I took a short haul flight that actually had business class.
    Mrs WES and I flew business class to Seville, was surprised at how little I had to pay compared to economy.

Turns out business class was nothing more than economy seats with the middle seat free, and one free drink.

Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    While I like cheese, I enjoy hot dogs even more

You're Septic....you think cheese is something sprayed from a can
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Don't shoot the messenger, C.

I know what they were doing at CdG and GdN in March. And assuming the cheese checkers are part of the same union, I'd easily believe they're doing it too.

Any customs man can check anything they want. Normally they just check the odd thing. But if Jean-Pierre Douanier wants to check the contents of every single package going to the good old Royaume-Uni, then he's allowed to.

I know it's confusing you that a froggie union member is actually doing his job properly instead of going on strike, but this is what Macron's done to the country.

They aren't doing any of that at GdN now.

There wasn't any of that at Calais back in March when we went to fetch some pre-Brexit booze.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

I noticed Count Dankula (Nazi salute dog guy) and Sargon Of Akkad are going to run in the Euro Elections.

If they get in then I’m running too...sounds like Freeeee Moneyyyyyy imo

-

You still could, if you wanted. That's the dirty little secret though, isn't it? Nobody really wants to.

Especially now, you'd think, with even Notre Dame on fire

https://twitter.com/CalebJHull/statu...292031494?s=19

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Well, I could have until Brexit
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

I went through gare du nord last week and customs was fine so I suggest you are full of ****

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Mrs WES and I flew business class to Seville, was surprised at how little I had to pay compared to economy.

Turns out business class was nothing more than economy seats with the middle seat free, and one free drink.
    That’s why you don’t fly business short haul. Clueless kunt.

Quote Originally Posted by taxman10 View Post
    I went through gare du nord last week and customs was fine so I suggest you are full of ****
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...l-travel-chaos

Full of shît, am I?

I said that they were doing this in March:

French customs officers are into their third week of industrial action over long-running anger at working conditions, saying a lack of preparation for a no-deal Brexit was the final straw.

Instead of walking off the job, customs officers are diligently carrying out longer and more rigorous checks than usual, to demonstrate what might happen if full border controls are put in place after Brexit, particularly in the case of no deal.

Union leaders said customs officers at the Eurostar terminal were simply asking two or three extra questions of passengers – which was causing acute delays and train cancellations.

When the action began at Calais and Dunkirk ports on 4 March, customs officers simply carried out vehicle checks and requested registration documents, resulting in two weeks of lengthy tailbacks for trucks waiting to cross to Britain. Unions warned the disturbance caused by rigorous checks was a taste of post-Brexit reality.

Maybe you should have checked before you posted.