Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone else begun to feel Brexit?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    There is a rather wonderful cheese shop in Guildford where I am quite the regular. They even began ageing their Morbier at my request.

So I walk into the shop on Satdee to find out that not only do they not have aged Morbier, they are beginning to struggle to maintain their stocks of French cheese generally. Apparently the Froggies have begun checking exports and this is slowing down delivery which compromises the quality of the cheese so the distributors in France (who are oversubscribed three times within the EU) figure there is no point sending it to the UK.

Now I understand Leave's point of view even if I disagree with some of it, but surely democratic principles, immigration concerns etc should not stand in the way of a chap having access to the best cheese possible? That's just not reasonable.

Basically, Leavers out!
    Cheese is **** though
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Cheese is **** though
    Disappointed, P. Cheese is the food of the Gods, especially when consumed alongside a nice wine.

We have a new cheese shop opening in Urmston, civilisation has reached the North!

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Disappointed, P. Cheese is the food of the Gods, especially when consumed alongside a nice wine.

We have a new cheese shop opening in Urmston, civilisation has reached the North!
    While I like cheese, I enjoy hot dogs even more

Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    While I like cheese, I enjoy hot dogs even more

You're Septic....you think cheese is something sprayed from a can
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post

Can't stand the smell of the stuff
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

I noticed Count Dankula (Nazi salute dog guy) and Sargon Of Akkad are going to run in the Euro Elections.

If they get in then I’m running too...sounds like Freeeee Moneyyyyyy imo

-

I went through gare du nord last week and customs was fine so I suggest you are full of ****

Quote Originally Posted by taxman10 View Post
    I went through gare du nord last week and customs was fine so I suggest you are full of ****
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...l-travel-chaos

Full of shît, am I?

I said that they were doing this in March:

French customs officers are into their third week of industrial action over long-running anger at working conditions, saying a lack of preparation for a no-deal Brexit was the final straw.

Instead of walking off the job, customs officers are diligently carrying out longer and more rigorous checks than usual, to demonstrate what might happen if full border controls are put in place after Brexit, particularly in the case of no deal.

Union leaders said customs officers at the Eurostar terminal were simply asking two or three extra questions of passengers – which was causing acute delays and train cancellations.

When the action began at Calais and Dunkirk ports on 4 March, customs officers simply carried out vehicle checks and requested registration documents, resulting in two weeks of lengthy tailbacks for trucks waiting to cross to Britain. Unions warned the disturbance caused by rigorous checks was a taste of post-Brexit reality.

Maybe you should have checked before you posted.