Click here for Arsenal FC personalised gift shop
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 39

Thread: Anyone else begun to feel Brexit?

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    My body's good enough for your mum so it should be good enough for you.

    When does the lad start bringinghome the big bucks, then?
    Probably 10 yrs or so if he is lucky enough to be the 1% of lads that makes it...until then we will just enjoy the experience (and hope Leeds get promoted as we get 2 free season tickets each season he is kept on)
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Probably 10 yrs or so if he is lucky enough to be the 1% of lads that makes it...until then we will just enjoy the experience (and hope Leeds get promoted as we get 2 free season tickets each season he is kept on)
    Fingers crossed then.

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    The word is the very embodiment of pompous Victorian over-elaboration. Six syllables where one will do! Exactly the kind of thing George Orwell railed against correctly observing that powerful writing is characterised by forthrightness and simplicity.

    I bet Monty, a published author no less, would agree with me.
    Monty knows only words of one syllable. "Oy ve you potts" is about as poetical as he waxes.

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Either that is a lie, or les Douaniers have taken it upon themselves to act illegally.

    We are still members of the EU. There is no such thing as an 'export' within the EU.

    The cheese is in free circulation within the EU - unless, of course, the cheese isn't French at all, but has been imported to France from outside the EU, in which case it will be subject to community transit procedures. The ICTS system is currently down, actually, byt HMRC have authorised the fallback procedure so the only possible reason for your cheese being delayed is that 1) it is Duabaiin cheese and 2) some daft French cúnt is unable to write out a C88.

    Do points 1 and 2 carry a strong air of verisimilitude, would you say?
    Don't you know a lot. Jesus, you could have spent the time it took you to acquire all this knowledge wa_nking.

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Either that is a lie, or les Douaniers have taken it upon themselves to act illegally.

    We are still members of the EU. There is no such thing as an 'export' within the EU.

    The cheese is in free circulation within the EU - unless, of course, the cheese isn't French at all, but has been imported to France from outside the EU, in which case it will be subject to community transit procedures. The ICTS system is currently down, actually, byt HMRC have authorised the fallback procedure so the only possible reason for your cheese being delayed is that 1) it is Duabaiin cheese and 2) some daft French cúnt is unable to write out a C88.

    Do points 1 and 2 carry a strong air of verisimilitude, would you say?
    You're actually wrong, C.

    The French custom unions have been working to rule to show the country isn't ready for a no deal (and to consequently demand a massive wage rise and loads more jobs.)

    They searched every bag for the Eurostar, meaning there were 6 hr delays and queues coming out the Gare du Nord.

    Then they also started asking every vehicle at Calais to show them the docs and checked it matched the number plate. Nothing more. But this led to huge tailbacks.

    This is why I didn't buy my usual ten quid coach ticket back and spent a nifty or more flying from CdG. (Some small new terminal, 3. Don't remember that from my St Martin days. Was 2F for long-haul back then.)

    And there, despite arriving over 2 hrs before hand, they had to round those of us still queuing a T-20mins when the gates were meant to close and get us through security.

    Flight delayed for 40 mins.

    So they have been doing this.

    I don't know about cheese, but assuming WES is accurately reporting what his fromage-wallah was saying*, then given what I experienced in March, I have no reason to doubt him. The Customs Unions were doing this as part of a co-ordinated action.

    And it's not illegal. AFAIK. But I'm not an expert on those things. But it certainly wasn't according to UK and Fr papers in terms of the GdN and Calais checks.



    *Ask him who scored the sexiest goal vs Napoli to see if he can speak the truth.

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Cheese is **** though
    Disappointed, P. Cheese is the food of the Gods, especially when consumed alongside a nice wine.

    We have a new cheese shop opening in Urmston, civilisation has reached the North!

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Disappointed, P. Cheese is the food of the Gods, especially when consumed alongside a nice wine.

    We have a new cheese shop opening in Urmston, civilisation has reached the North!
    While I like cheese, I enjoy hot dogs even more

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    You're actually wrong, C.

    The French custom unions have been working to rule to show the country isn't ready for a no deal (and to consequently demand a massive wage rise and loads more jobs.)

    They searched every bag for the Eurostar, meaning there were 6 hr delays and queues coming out the Gare du Nord.

    Then they also started asking every vehicle at Calais to show them the docs and checked it matched the number plate. Nothing more. But this led to huge tailbacks.

    This is why I didn't buy my usual ten quid coach ticket back and spent a nifty or more flying from CdG. (Some small new terminal, 3. Don't remember that from my St Martin days. Was 2F for long-haul back then.)

    And there, despite arriving over 2 hrs before hand, they had to round those of us still queuing a T-20mins when the gates were meant to close and get us through security.

    Flight delayed for 40 mins.

    So they have been doing this.

    I don't know about cheese, but assuming WES is accurately reporting what his fromage-wallah was saying*, then given what I experienced in March, I have no reason to doubt him. The Customs Unions were doing this as part of a co-ordinated action.

    And it's not illegal. AFAIK. But I'm not an expert on those things. But it certainly wasn't according to UK and Fr papers in terms of the GdN and Calais checks.



    *Ask him who scored the sexiest goal vs Napoli to see if he can speak the truth.
    The bottom line is that you can't interfere with goods travelling between two EU countries, g. What those whacky frogs choose to get up to is their business, but they're in breach of some fúcking convention or treaty or somesuch.

    Cúnts.

    I'm off to France in June for a birthday party and the bástards at BA are rushing me over 200 quid per head. In economy, for all love. Economy!

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    The bottom line is that you can't interfere with goods travelling between two EU countries, g. What those whacky frogs choose to get up to is their business, but they're in breach of some fúcking convention or treaty or somesuch.

    Cúnts.

    I'm off to France in June for a birthday party and the bástards at BA are rushing me over 200 quid per head. In economy, for all love. Economy!
    You said 'bottom' and 'interfere with'

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    You said 'bottom' and 'interfere with'
    He said 'economy' b which, for an upper class gentleman like Sir C, is the worst kind of profanity.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •