Quote Originally Posted by taxman10 View Post
I went through gare du nord last week and customs was fine so I suggest you are full of ****
https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...l-travel-chaos

Full of shît, am I?

I said that they were doing this in March:

French customs officers are into their third week of industrial action over long-running anger at working conditions, saying a lack of preparation for a no-deal Brexit was the final straw.

Instead of walking off the job, customs officers are diligently carrying out longer and more rigorous checks than usual, to demonstrate what might happen if full border controls are put in place after Brexit, particularly in the case of no deal.

Union leaders said customs officers at the Eurostar terminal were simply asking two or three extra questions of passengers – which was causing acute delays and train cancellations.

When the action began at Calais and Dunkirk ports on 4 March, customs officers simply carried out vehicle checks and requested registration documents, resulting in two weeks of lengthy tailbacks for trucks waiting to cross to Britain. Unions warned the disturbance caused by rigorous checks was a taste of post-Brexit reality.

Maybe you should have checked before you posted.