Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else begun to feel Brexit?

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    He said 'economy' b which, for an upper class gentleman like Sir C, is the worst kind of profanity.
    Not even 'Premium Economy'

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Disappointed, P. Cheese is the food of the Gods, especially when consumed alongside a nice wine.

We have a new cheese shop opening in Urmston, civilisation has reached the North!
    Can't stand the smell of the stuff
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    The bottom line is that you can't interfere with goods travelling between two EU countries, g. What those whacky frogs choose to get up to is their business, but they're in breach of some fúcking convention or treaty or somesuch.

****s.

I'm off to France in June for a birthday party and the bástards at BA are rushing me over 200 quid per head. In economy, for all love. Economy!
    Don't shoot the messenger, C.

I know what they were doing at CdG and GdN in March. And assuming the cheese checkers are part of the same union, I'd easily believe they're doing it too.

Any customs man can check anything they want. Normally they just check the odd thing. But if Jean-Pierre Douanier wants to check the contents of every single package going to the good old Royaume-Uni, then he's allowed to.

I know it's confusing you that a froggie union member is actually doing his job properly instead of going on strike, but this is what Macron's done to the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post

I know what they were doing at CdG and GdN in March. And assuming the cheese checkers are part of the same union, I'd easily believe they're doing it too.

Any customs man can check anything they want. Normally they just check the odd thing. But if Jean-Pierre Douanier wants to check the contents of every single package going to the good old Royaume-Uni, then he's allowed to.

I know it's confusing you that a froggie union member is actually doing his job properly instead of going on strike, but this is what Macron's done to the country.
    I foresee a career for myself as a swashbuckling cheese-runner, sailing the Dover straits with my fast and weatherly three-masted sloop packed to the gunwhales with Boursin and bound for the South Coast with a damned Xebec full of frog Excisemen in my wake.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I foresee a career for myself as a swashbuckling cheese-runner, sailing the Dover straits with my fast and weatherly three-masted sloop packed to the gunwhales with Boursin and bound for the South Coast with a damned Xebec full of frog Excisemen in my wake.
    I really miss Vignottes. Haven't seen it for years. Could you bring me back a couple please?

Oh God, the poor staff are going to have to endure his foot stamping and tantrums all the way - "No champagne, plastic cutlery and this fellow next to me, in addition to being patently lower class, is so close I can bally well hear him breathing!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post

What's confusing him is the notion of people working for a living.

I really miss Vignottes. Haven't seen it for years. Could you bring me back a couple please?
    Naturally. However powerful a cheese magnate I become, I shall always take care of my friends.

Woe betide those who've crossed me, though.

In my new spirit of frugality I refuse to pay ridiculous sums to travel Business on short haul flights.

I shall never, of course, lower myself to using Ryanair or Easyjet.

In my new spirit of frugality I refuse to pay ridiculous sums to travel Business on short haul flights.

I shall never, of course, lower myself to using Ryanair or Easyjet.
    Do you know, I was just trying to remember the last time I took a short haul flight that actually had business class.