Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: i don't give a rat's about golf but to do it 11 years on from your

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    A valuable interjection from AWIMB's Women's Lib/#MeToo detachment there.
    Not at all. I just find Woods a rather unattractive character and having his rather tawdry sexcapades publicised has done nothing to alter my opinion of the miserable, grubby little wánker.

Quite, but only #MeToo sorts care about all that. See the crowds, the ratings, the sponsors, the reaction from his fellow players; Woods is big box office and everybody loves that.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Not at all. I just find Woods a rather unattractive character and having his rather tawdry sexcapades publicised has done nothing to alter my opinion of the miserable, grubby little wánker.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Quite, but only #MeToo sorts care about all that. See the crowds, the ratings, the sponsors, the reaction from his fellow players; Woods is big box office and everybody loves that.
    To be honest, I find it slightly odd. He is not only not charismatic, he is off-puttingly dour. In that sense he reminds me strongly of Andy Murray.

Fair enough, but perhaps in this era of fake news, surely so-called character issues are even more irrelevant than ever. After all, how can we be certain that any apparently respectable celebrity has not merely been the beneficiary of kid glove treatment from the press?

Woods just seems a normal, ordinary bloke to me. Apart from his golf game.

Frankly, you can't have it both ways. How does describing him as not charismatic and off-puttingly dour square with the fact that you also choose to pull away your skirts and banter him off for banging lots of random beaver left, right and centre?

Perhaps if the papers had been prepared to talk about his tawdry sex-capades before, he might never have been thought of as being not c and o-p d in the first place.

Seriously, people get told off for being boring and then when it turns out they are , in fact, very much not boring at all, they get told off for that too

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    To be honest, I find it slightly odd. He is not only not charismatic, he is off-puttingly dour. In that sense he reminds me strongly of Andy Murray.
    Last edited by redgunamo; 04-15-2019 at 11:47 AM.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."