Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How is it possible to be wrong about every. single. thing.

In fairness, so does Harvard

https://www.thecrimson.com/article/2...investigation/

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Well, I have no idea who he is or how he got in but getting into Harvard law School is no easy feat and much less likely to be achieved by someone as thick as Diane Abbott I would think.

Cambridge, I'm willing to bet, has a disadvantaged minority program which someone like Abbott could take advantage of.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I tend to agree. The other day, Remain MPs were whining about feeling threatened and having nasty words said to them and I thought: 'You know what? Good. If our elected representatives choose to set themselves in opposition to those who elected them, they absolutely should be frightened.'

A few MPs dangling from lampposts pour encourager les autres would be no bad thing.
    Does that count for rabid leavers in constituencies that voted remain? Raab, Howey and Redwood would be a nice trio to go

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Does that count for rabid leavers in constituencies that voted remain? Raab, Howey and Redwood would be a nice trio to go
    oooo and Ian Duncan Smith

oooo and Ian Duncan Smith
    His father was a talented fighter pilot, la. Leave him alone please.

Absolutely. Bring it on.

Mind you, if all the Remain MPs in Leave constituencies and all the Leave MPs in Remain constituencies got it at the same time, I know which the bigger pile of bodies would be.
    Last edited by Burney; 04-12-2019 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Well, I have no idea who he is or how he got in but getting into Harvard law School is no easy feat and much less likely to be achieved by someone as thick as Diane Abbott I would think.

Cambridge, I'm willing to bet, has a disadvantaged minority program which someone like Abbott could take advantage of.

She also ****ed Jezza... not sure who comes out of that as the stupid one?
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

The real point is good breeding, I think. The idea being that if parents, let us say, are well-made enough to arrange decent billets at top educational establishments for their brood, however they do it, then that ought to count for something. Ought to count for alot, in fact. It strongly suggests that they and theirs are of the right sort, regardless of the kids perhaps all being thick ****s.

The acceptance and/or attendance at a good school is the thing, rather than the performance once there. Or even before and after.

I do get sick of this notion that where somebody went to school or university is proof of intelligence. It is - apart from anything else - fantastically reductive.

The other day I was thinking about it and realised that many of the people whose intelligence I most respect have never been near a university. Equally, I know a number of people with PhDs I wouldn't leave alone with a box of matches.

Much of what we laughingly call education consists of box-ticking exercises and is in and of itself no proof of intelligence whatsoever.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Absolutely. Bring it on.

Mind you, if all the Remain MPs in Leave constituencies and all the Leave MPs in Remain constituencies got it at the same time, I know which the bigger pile of bodies would be.
    Oh yes - well aware of that

Oh yes - well aware of that
    Well, yes, but that's because MPs are mostly intelligent and well educated and as we know, well educated people voted overwhelmingly to Remain.

I shall say no more.

Different matter entirely. A vote was held and the result is in; not liking that result is no reason not to credit it