Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I see there's one of those 'The Universe is Really Big' videos doing the rounds on

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    One of your better posts, if you don't mind me being a slightly patronising cùnt.

Consciousness is really weird, when you start thinking about it. And the more you think about it the weirder it can feel, especially if you hit that meta-self-analytical spiral. Like, maaan. Your Shiva explanation could be seductively comforting - were I not to snap out of it and remember I'm actually a hard-nosed materialist who has put childish notions of Supreme Beings behind me.
    Have you had a wee toke at lunchtime, a?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Have you had a wee toke at lunchtime, a?
    Not for many years, sadly. I can still vaguely remember how to feel stoned though.

Not for many years, sadly. I can still vaguely remember how to feel stoned though.
    Apparently you can get thon oil which you can enjoy by means of a vaporiser. Had I youth and expertise on my side I think I would enjoy this activity.

One of your better posts, if you don't mind me being a slightly patronising cùnt.

Consciousness is really weird, when you start thinking about it. And the more you think about it the weirder it can feel, especially if you hit that meta-self-analytical spiral. Like, maaan. Your Shiva explanation could be seductively comforting - were I not to snap out of it and remember I'm actually a hard-nosed materialist who has put childish notions of Supreme Beings behind me.
    Just out of interest, what do you say the many from myriad different cultures who have direct experience of the Divine and of the higher planes of consciousness?

You think they all just imagined it?

And if you did think that, does it not interest you that many different humans in different epochs, continents and cultures all have near identical experiences (or imaginings or hallucinations or however you choose to label their experiences)?

Are you sure you're not making the usual mistake of confusing the direct experience of Divinity with learnt religion? Just because most religious people are fückwits doesn't mean that those who've actually experienced these planes are lying.

It might also make you question why those Abrahamic religions with no concept of transcendental mysticism are the most likely to say theirs is the only way and to kill unbelievers in the name of a God of Pure Love.

While those who have direct experience of the Infinite Eternal Omniscient Omnipotent Hyper-Intelligence of Pure Love don't.

You don't see Buddhists Monks, Hindu Sadhus and hardcore acidheads gong around saying "ours is the only way. Convert or die", do you?

You realise that the worship of these false idols makes Jesus sad, don't you?
    Hate to break it to you, C, but Jeez was a Vedic.

c.500BC Buddha obtains enlightenment.

c. 270BC Ashoka the great unifies India and converts everyone to Buddhism, introducing written language to the sub-continent and putting up his 33 pillars of human and animal rights.

Buddhism remains the dominant religion there until c. C4th-C6th AD.

c.0BC 3 wise men come from the East. And they must be Buddhists. {see above.}

c.12/13AD Young Jeez kicks off with the Pharisees in the temple as he realises Yîds know fück all about God and all support the Sperz, anyway.

He goes off into the Wilderness, which is to the East, which as said, leads to the Buddhist sub-continent. Every thought that perhaps the 3 wise men left a map or calling card?

c.30 AD After 17 years bumming round India studying Buddhism, like any self-respecting backpacker, Jeez comes back and performs his first miracle. Turning water into wine, and not just any wine, but the best any of them had ever drunk. Which shows Jeez was bang up for getting off his head, just like Hindu sadhus do with charas out there.

c.30-33AD. Jeez now spends 3 years explaining Buddhism to Yîds in words of one syllable. Think only about the quotes directly attributed to Jeez in the 4 Gospels. Turn the other cheek, do unto others, the way to God is though your heart etc. All the parables about kindness (Good Samaritan) and forgiveness (Prodigal son.)

And compare this to the unloving, vengeful, violent, unforgiving Judaism of the Old Testament.

Does Jesus sound more like a Buddhist or a Jew?

c.33AD An alliance of Yîds and Wops nail him up for being a nice peaceful, Buddhist and making them question their own fückwitted religions.

See, C? All makes sense now, init?

Load of old nonsense.

Everyone knows God made Buddha and everything else some 6,000 years ago FACT.

Jesus is a third of God, see?

Easy.

Load of old nonsense.

Easy.
    As ever, C, I defer to your greater theological insight.

But if Jesus is a third of God, why doesn't he bring back to life the other third that's deaded itself despite being Holy?

And if it walks around with its head under its arm, does it still have a halo?

Load of old nonsense.

Easy.
    Jesus is God, but so are God and their insubstantial friend, the Holy Spirit. They are all different, but the same. They are each parts of God, but at the same time they are each completely God.

It's really very simple. Much better than Ganpati's hippy elephant-worshipping nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Jesus is God, but so are God and their insubstantial friend, the Holy Spirit. They are all different, but the same. They are each parts of God, but at the same time they are each completely God.

It's really very simple. Much better than Ganpati's hippy elephant-worshipping nonsense.
    That's what I said. It's a simple triology. Three in one whilst three of three. Like those musketeers. Couldn't be simpler.

That's what I said. It's a simple triology. Three in one whilst three of three. Like those musketeers. Couldn't be simpler.
    The way I had it explained to me was that rather than thinking of it as 1+1+1=3, you should think of it as 1x1x1=1.

This, I felt, cleared the whole thing up admirably and proved how much better being a Catholic is than being a dirty, ignorant heathen or (worse) a foul, hell-bound heretic.