Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
Temporal dislocation, perhaps. Bell's theorem of non-local connectivity raises some interesting possibilities about dimensions of space and time. Doesn't prove there's a god though - just that there can be scientific explanations for metaphysical data.
Why does the scientific explanation disprove there's a God? Or prove there's a God?

The Big Bang, the splitting off of the four fundamental forces, the matter-anti-matter annihilation, the left over matter starting to fuse into protons, the formation of H, the gravity pulling it into stars, the let there be light fusion to He, and the creation of all other elements in dying stars of different sizes could be used to say there's no God, there's just laws of physics. Or it could be looking at how God Himself created the world.

{Personally, I think the whole of everything suddenly turning up from nowhere creating space time in an infinitesimally small, infinitesimally dense, infinitesimally hot point looks like the sort of stunt Shiva would pull when He's especially stoned, but I have no evidence to support this.}

Again, these elements from dying stars drifting here over 10m years until the creation of our solar system 4-5bya, and then forming molecules of increasing complexity until they suddenly start self-replicating and forming unicellular life could just be the laws of physics.

Or it could just be Shiva cheating after a particularly large chillum made His 3rd Eye twitch open a bit.

Likewise the fact that this unicellular life just dosses around for 3 bn years before suddenly exploding into multicellular life which eventually leads human consciousness to rise as if by magic in a period of only a 100k years, 1 bn years later could again just be the laws of physics.

Or you and I using this consciousness to discuss this subject, despite never having met, could just be Shiva using two tiny parts of His creation to try to understand Himself better.

You pays your money and you takes your choice, init?