Click here for Arsenal FC personalised gift shop
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 61

Thread: I see there's one of those 'The Universe is Really Big' videos doing the rounds on

  1. #1

    I see there's one of those 'The Universe is Really Big' videos doing the rounds on

    social media.

    Naturally, this is accompanied by thousands of slack-jawed fúckwits going 'Wow!' and prating about how it 'really puts things into perspective'.

    Does it fúck. I just find the Universe annoying. What's the point in me knowing it's really fúcking big? Most of it's empty and I'm never going to go there anyway. Besides, we're basically all still píssing about in our own Solar System, which is the equivalent of trying to understand the Pacific by paddling in a rockpool. How utterly fúcking pointless it all seems. The only thing the Universe is ever going to do for us is destroy us one of these millennia. It can fúck off.

    So frankly, if it's all the same to you, I would prefer to go about my life pretending it matters and never give any thought to the fúcking Universe because it's a cúnt and only cúnts care about it imo. Bóllocks to it.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    social media.

    Naturally, this is accompanied by thousands of slack-jawed fúckwits going 'Wow!' and prating about how it 'really puts things into perspective'.

    Does it fúck. I just find the Universe annoying. What's the point in me knowing it's really fúcking big? Most of it's empty and I'm never going to go there anyway. Besides, we're basically all still píssing about in our own Solar System, which is the equivalent of trying to understand the Pacific by paddling in a rockpool. How utterly fúcking pointless it all seems. The only thing the Universe is ever going to do for us is destroy us one of these millennia. It can fúck off.

    So frankly, if it's all the same to you, I would prefer to go about my life pretending it matters and never give any thought to the fúcking Universe because it's a cúnt and only cúnts care about it imo. Bóllocks to it.
    Actually the universe is pretty interesting.

    The odd thing, as far as I'm concerned, is this idea that the universe is expanding, which suggests that there must be an end to it. What happens when you reach the edge, then? What's outside the universe? Nothing? There can't be nothing because nothing, by definition, isn't anything.

    So the answer is obviously God.

    Both you and Richard Dawkins can push that up your shítters.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Actually the universe is pretty interesting.

    The odd thing, as far as I'm concerned, is this idea that the universe is expanding, which suggests that there must be an end to it. What happens when you reach the edge, then? What's outside the universe? Nothing? There can't be nothing because nothing, by definition, isn't anything.

    So the answer is obviously God.

    Both you and Richard Dawkins can push that up your shítters.
    God wouldn't waste that much space and time on something so utterly pointless. He'd have knocked out a few more useful planets. I mean seriously, it's just a massive waste of space.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    God wouldn't waste that much space and time on something so utterly pointless. He'd have knocked out a few more useful planets. I mean seriously, it's just a massive waste of space.
    He mqay have a long term plan going on that's way beyond your comprehension. The bloke's omnisicent, for fúck's sake. That much is scientifically proven in any case.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    He mqay have a long term plan going on that's way beyond your comprehension. The bloke's omnisicent, for fúck's sake. That much is scientifically proven in any case.
    He's sitting on a massive amount of real estate and doing fúck all with it. He should outsource development to Wimpey or Barratt Homes imo.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    social media.

    Naturally, this is accompanied by thousands of slack-jawed fúckwits going 'Wow!' and prating about how it 'really puts things into perspective'.

    Does it fúck. I just find the Universe annoying. What's the point in me knowing it's really fúcking big? Most of it's empty and I'm never going to go there anyway. Besides, we're basically all still píssing about in our own Solar System, which is the equivalent of trying to understand the Pacific by paddling in a rockpool. How utterly fúcking pointless it all seems. The only thing the Universe is ever going to do for us is destroy us one of these millennia. It can fúck off.

    So frankly, if it's all the same to you, I would prefer to go about my life pretending it matters and never give any thought to the fúcking Universe because it's a cúnt and only cúnts care about it imo. Bóllocks to it.
    This is how I feel about the US. Sorry Chief is you are lurking

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    This is how I feel about the US. Sorry Chief is you are lurking
    But at least you can actually go to the States if you want. You can't go to Alpha Centauri, so what's the point in knowing about it?

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    But at least you can actually go to the States if you want. You can't go to Alpha Centauri, so what's the point in knowing about it?
    You can't if you've made a vow not to.

    Ha!

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    You can't if you've made a vow not to.

    Ha!
    Your vow is silly.

    There. I've said it.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Your vow is silly.

    There. I've said it.
    Why? Your argument is unconvincing so far.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •