Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
They've all just been smoking the weed gan
Nah, Herbs, that's the thing.

The sadhus have been smoking chillums non-stop, I grant you.

And the acid heads have been boshing the rips.

But what about the Buddhist monks, hhhmm?

In around 1990 some mates of mine were squatting near to a Buddhist monastery just outside London and they got a load of ketamine in. The squatters, not the Buddhists.

So anyway, my mates started boshing the K, and metaphorically speaking, started stomping round the astral planes in their dirty great Doc Martins reeking of Spesh.

2 days later, the Buddhist abbot knocks on the door and comes in. He says he has no problem with them trying to understand these states of consciousness or even being hedonistic druggies. He just wants them to understand that for all his monks, getting to these states of consciousness without drugs requires a lot of hard work.

And if, when his monks get into those states, they encounter some crusty having an out of body experience, while another is wobbling in and out of the plane, moaning that he should have had a bigger line, then they find it off putting and it makes it impossible for them to meditate.

Obviously the guys and girls in the squat apologised profusely and said they'd save the rest of the K for Saturday night in a Hackney warehouse which would mean they wouldn't disturb the honest monks.

So, given this post is entirely true, how do you explain the Kayed-up crusties and the drug free monks inhabiting the same astral planes?