Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
One of your better posts, if you don't mind me being a slightly patronising cùnt.

Consciousness is really weird, when you start thinking about it. And the more you think about it the weirder it can feel, especially if you hit that meta-self-analytical spiral. Like, maaan. Your Shiva explanation could be seductively comforting - were I not to snap out of it and remember I'm actually a hard-nosed materialist who has put childish notions of Supreme Beings behind me.
Just out of interest, what do you say the many from myriad different cultures who have direct experience of the Divine and of the higher planes of consciousness?

You think they all just imagined it?

And if you did think that, does it not interest you that many different humans in different epochs, continents and cultures all have near identical experiences (or imaginings or hallucinations or however you choose to label their experiences)?

Are you sure you're not making the usual mistake of confusing the direct experience of Divinity with learnt religion? Just because most religious people are fückwits doesn't mean that those who've actually experienced these planes are lying.

It might also make you question why those Abrahamic religions with no concept of transcendental mysticism are the most likely to say theirs is the only way and to kill unbelievers in the name of a God of Pure Love.

While those who have direct experience of the Infinite Eternal Omniscient Omnipotent Hyper-Intelligence of Pure Love don't.

You don't see Buddhists Monks, Hindu Sadhus and hardcore acidheads gong around saying "ours is the only way. Convert or die", do you?