Click here for Arsenal FC personalised gift shop
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 61

Thread: I see there's one of those 'The Universe is Really Big' videos doing the rounds on

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    They've all just been smoking the weed gan
    Nah, Herbs, that's the thing.

    The sadhus have been smoking chillums non-stop, I grant you.

    And the acid heads have been boshing the rips.

    But what about the Buddhist monks, hhhmm?

    In around 1990 some mates of mine were squatting near to a Buddhist monastery just outside London and they got a load of ketamine in. The squatters, not the Buddhists.

    So anyway, my mates started boshing the K, and metaphorically speaking, started stomping round the astral planes in their dirty great Doc Martins reeking of Spesh.

    2 days later, the Buddhist abbot knocks on the door and comes in. He says he has no problem with them trying to understand these states of consciousness or even being hedonistic druggies. He just wants them to understand that for all his monks, getting to these states of consciousness without drugs requires a lot of hard work.

    And if, when his monks get into those states, they encounter some crusty having an out of body experience, while another is wobbling in and out of the plane, moaning that he should have had a bigger line, then they find it off putting and it makes it impossible for them to meditate.

    Obviously the guys and girls in the squat apologised profusely and said they'd save the rest of the K for Saturday night in a Hackney warehouse which would mean they wouldn't disturb the honest monks.

    So, given this post is entirely true, how do you explain the Kayed-up crusties and the drug free monks inhabiting the same astral planes?

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Oh, I've experienced it myself, thanks to psychedelic stimulants. My materialism isn't absolute, but it's a policy to stop myself believing in absolute crap.

    There are many theories out there, but as a wise man said, the chances of ever finding out what's really going on are so absurdly remote the only thing to do is to screw the sense of it all and keep yourself occupied.



    Love is the Law! Love under Will!

    I would unpick the IEOOHIPL but I don't have time today.
    But then how do you explain the fact that Buddhists, Sadhus, drugged up crusties, druids on mushrooms etc all get to the same planes?

    If it's just the drugs, explain the Buddhists?

    Just just make it easier to access - as 4.5k years of Hindu sadhus will tell you. But they don't create those states, otherwise Buddhists monks wouldn't get there. They are just a short cut to opening the door.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    But your Gods aren't real, gg.

    The Big Man has seen you pantheists off before and he'll have no difficulty doing so again.

    I have read His teachings. He is very insistent on the doctrinal authority of the Old Testament. I doubt a Buddhist would have been.
    B°llocks, is he.

    He says turn the other cheek. None of this Hebrew Eye for an Eye nonsense. If a man steals your jacket, give him your jumper as well. That's hippy Buddhism.

    And without wishing to be racist, if all those lot in Palestine/Israel had a bit more "do unto others" and a bit less "my religion is the only way so I'm gonna smite you" the world would be a better place.

    Abrahamics are fŘckwits. The thing that makes Christianity different is that JC himself was actually a Vedic, not an Abrahamic.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    But then how do you explain the fact that Buddhists, Sadhus, drugged up crusties, druids on mushrooms etc all get to the same planes?

    If it's just the drugs, explain the Buddhists?

    Just just make it easier to access - as 4.5k years of Hindu sadhus will tell you. But they don't create those states, otherwise Buddhists monks wouldn't get there. They are just a short cut to opening the door.
    They all get to the same Ĺplaneĺ for the same reason most people agree that the sky is blue and that salt tastes salty - because weĺre all wired up pretty much the same and have similar chemical responses to particular stimuli - regardless of whether the trigger for that stimulus comes in the form of days of fasting and meditation or a tab of acid.
    Thereĺs nothing mystical or spiritual about that.

  5. #45
    Are you saying they were bumping into each other on the astral plane but not physically?

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    B°llocks, is he.

    He says turn the other cheek. None of this Hebrew Eye for an Eye nonsense. If a man steals your jacket, give him your jumper as well. That's hippy Buddhism.

    And without wishing to be racist, if all those lot in Palestine/Israel had a bit more "do unto others" and a bit less "my religion is the only way so I'm gonna smite you" the world would be a better place.

    Abrahamics are fŘckwits. The thing that makes Christianity different is that JC himself was actually a Vedic, not an Abrahamic.
    He makes regular references to the inviolability of Mosaic law and references the scriptures constantly - he wasn't called 'Rabbi' for nothing. He was a Jewish heretic - he was not a Buddhist.

    Also, he says and does things that are by no means non-violent. Turning over the tables of the money lenders in the temple (why would the temple have such meaning to a Buddhist, btw?) and saying "Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword." Not very hippyish, is it?

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    And that is why there is some essential element of civility in Christianity which is lacking in the other two Abrahamic religions.
    You may have a point here. Though 'east' could refer to somewhere a little closer, like Mesopotamia.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Are you saying they were bumping into each other on the astral plane but not physically?
    Yup.

    That's exactly what I'm saying.

    There house was at one end of the street, the monastery at the other. They'd been squatting there for a couple of months without any interaction or incident, but as soon as they got hold of all this K and started having out of body trips, the head honcho monk came and asked them nicely to stop.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Yup.

    That's exactly what I'm saying.

    There house was at one end of the street, the monastery at the other. They'd been squatting there for a couple of months without any interaction or incident, but as soon as they got hold of all this K and started having out of body trips, the head honcho monk came and asked them nicely to stop.
    That's incredible. I had always thought that talk of different planes, astral or otherwise and "out-of-body" phenomena were the stuff 'o nonsense gan - oh wait! I still do

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    You may have a point here. Though 'east' could refer to somewhere a little closer, like Mesopotamia.
    Mesopotamia's more S than East compared to Palestine, isn't it? And what was the religion of pre-Islamic Iraq?

    I suppose they could be Persian Zoroastrianism, and there are some similarities with Vedism as it stems from the Proto-Indo-Iranian tradition, but there are just too many similarities with Buddhism.

    Once you look only at the words of Jeez himself (not any letters or whatever) and you imagine a hippy Buddhist trying to explain the religion in words of one syllable to a bunch of Classical era Jews, it sort of makes sense.

    Eg turn the other cheek, not eye for an eye. Because we should do unto others etc.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •