Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
I was a far more spritual creature when I was younger ganp. I would have out of the body experiences which I now believe may have been nothing more than lucid dreams.

I would also have exhilerating flying dreams in which I could propel myself to the stratosphere before gravity would lose pateince and I would turn round and hurtle earthwards at incredible velocity.

And I would often hear music that was multi-layered and fantastic, mutli-dimensional even and though I was listening to it I was also actually creating it in my mind.

None of these things happen anymore and I miss them but there was a darker side I do not miss. I would occasionally feel myself visited by a force that was unimaginably and pungently evil such that I would I was about to forfeit my very soul - how one might feel if one drifted too close to a black hole.

The terror that gripped me would grow exponentially so that it could only last a couple of seconds before I would wake and andI would be quite shaken for a couple of days. It felt to me that Satan himself had gazed on me. I still tremble slightly remembering it.

As the memories fade I begin to think it was all inside my own nut and to be honest, a whole years worth of flying like a god isn't worth a single second in the company of The Devil.
That's actually really interesting.

I have no idea why some people can feel that evil, satanic side, while others, while still having dark or bad trips, know it's simply the Divine being pissed off with them or mocking them. They never see or believe in any evil/anti-God/devil stuff.

I really don't know.

I argued about this spirituality with one of my best mates for years. (A West London sperzer of Irish extraction.) He told me that he'd been vaguely interested in the idea of satanism as a kid (perhaps a reaction to Catholic parents) but once when the was off it years later, the devil turned up ask asked if he really wanted to get to know him. To which my mate started whimpering "nooooo" and he just disappeared.

But last year, after 20 years of arguing about this, and giving me all the same rationalist stuff you have, he did a really big line of K under the duvet and Jesus and Buddha walked him to God, which he describes as Pure Love. As I'd been saying for 20 years.

But hey, perhaps I put that idea in his head. Or perhaps this is a state that people are evolving to, just like we evolved life, then complex life then consciousness.

Again, you pays you money.....