Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Assange gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    That would be amusing, but being massive pussies, we'll probably insist no extradition can take place without a guarantee they won't top him.
    That's an EU law though, and since we're no longer, hold on, wait...

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    That's an EU law though, and since we're no longer, hold on, wait...
    I wish they'd topped that other one. You know, the one who turned into a girl.

I wish they'd topped that other one. You know, the one who turned into a girl.
    Chelseas Snowden, is it? To be honest all this American whistle-blowing nonsense passes me by. Do they not have Scalphunters toi deal with these troublesome creatures?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Chelseas Snowden, is it? To be honest all this American whistle-blowing nonsense passes me by. Do they not have Scalphunters toi deal with these troublesome creatures?
    Fawn would've made short work of them. I always wanted more of Fawn. He struck me as a top-quality psychopath. Is it The Honourable Schoolboy where he calmly breaks some chap's arms?

Another thought strikes me: how good a party will they be having in the Ecuadorian embassy tonight now they've got rid of the smelly weirdo? Might pop along there with a bottle.

Fawn would've made short work of them. I always wanted more of Fawn. He struck me as a top-quality psychopath. Is it The Honourable Schoolboy where he calmly breaks some chap's arms?

Another thought strikes me: how good a party will they be having in the Ecuadorian embassy tonight now they've got rid of the smelly weirdo? Might pop along there with a bottle.
    Ooh I'm going to give THS a listen again, I think.

So 'made up' that he decided seven years hiding in a broom cupboard was preferable to seeing them properly scrutinised (and presumably therefore dismissed) in probably the most insanely liberal justice system on the planet.

Righto.
    Liberal from whose point of view? When I looked into this some years ago I seem to recall that Sweden had something like 5 levels of 'rape' and the least significant was something like 'I agreed to sleep with him but subsequently regretted it' yet it could still be punished with a custodial sentence. Feminists might consider that very liberal; many men would disagree.

Also, he isn't afraid of being convicted of rape, he's afraid of being extradited to the US of A to be charged with the leaky thing after being extradited to Sweden for the rape charge.

And all of this could have been avoided had the Swedish authorities simply agreed to interview him in the UK instead of him having to travel to Sweden. Given how minor the charge is, I would also be suspicious if I was him that they refused to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Liberal from whose point of view? When I looked into this some years ago I seem to recall that Sweden had something like 5 levels of 'rape' and the least significant was something like 'I agreed to sleep with him but subsequently regretted it' yet it could still be punished with a custodial sentence. Feminists might consider that very liberal; many men would disagree.

Also, he isn't afraid of being convicted of rape, he's afraid of being extradited to the US of A to be charged with the leaky thing after being extradited to Sweden for the rape charge.

And all of this could have been avoided had the Swedish authorities simply agreed to interview him in the UK instead of him having to travel to Sweden. Given how minor the charge is, I would also be suspicious if I was him that they refused to do so.
    Blimey. I realise that women aren't really your thing, but, you know, I'm not sure anyone should really be describing rape as a minor matter.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post

I believe that the specific charge in this case is that sex was conditional on him using a condom, but that, when it came to it, he popped it in unsheathed.
    At best that is extremely poor sexual etiquette and definitely more than a little bit rapey.

Well he's just been further arrested on a US extradition warrant, so....
    Which is what this is about, not the sex charge which I think was dropped.

"Wikileaks. I love Wikileaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

We'll see who really is in charge of the USA. I suspect it is not the president. Assange will probably die, while Islamists in the UK are not extradited to middle east countries where they are wanted for crimes because ... they might die.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Which is what this is about, not the sex charge which I think was dropped.

"Wikileaks. I love Wikileaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

We'll see who really is in charge of the USA. I suspect it is not the president. Assange will probably die, while Islamists in the UK are not extradited to middle east countries where they are wanted for crimes because ... they might die.
    To be fair, any bástard daft enough to publish US government secrets whilst expecting not to die as a result clearly needs to be removed from the gene pool.

The only mystery is why they haven't just sorted him out quietly and without a fuss. It would appear that the CIA lacks the joyous pragmatism of, say, MI6 or Mossad.