Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
I believe that the specific charge in this case is that sex was conditional on him using a condom, but that, when it came to it, he popped it in unsheathed.
At best that is extremely poor sexual etiquette and definitely more than a little bit rapey.
It's been a few years but my recollection is that woman A voluntarily slept with him at a conference and the next day woman B also voluntarily slept with him. About a week later woman A and B were having lunch and discovered that they had both slept with him and they exchanged notes, as such. There was something similar that they both disliked (possibly the condom thing) and they then agreed that he should be charged with rape, a charge that never would have been made in a less 'liberal' society.

A retired detective in Sweden reviewed the case and said it was the weakest he had ever seen and there was virtually no chance of it proceeding to trial. Despite this, the Swedes still insist he come to Sweden for an interview, an interview he agreed to hold in the UK but not in Sweden due to fear of extradition.

I can understand his paranoia, especially as he appears to be a bit of a nutter.