Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Dining alone in restaurants and drinking alone in bars or pubs used to bother me.

Dining alone in restaurants and drinking alone in bars or pubs used to bother me.

No idea why. The self-consciousness and lack of confidence of youth, I suppose. Didn't want to be seen as the sad loner or something.

These days, both are things I absolutely love doing. Isn't that odd?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    No idea why. The self-consciousness and lack of confidence of youth, I suppose. Didn't want to be seen as the sad loner or something.

These days, both are things I absolutely love doing. Isn't that odd?
    I used to find the slightly pitying looks from waiters disturbing. Nowadays I positively wallow in the experience.

They always seem surprised when I order a bottle of wine. Like they're expecting me to ask for a half bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I used to find the slightly pitying looks from waiters disturbing. Nowadays I positively wallow in the experience.

They always seem surprised when I order a bottle of wine. Like they're expecting me to ask for a half bottle.
    I use this as a guide for tipping. if they don't bat an eyelid, they're going to get well tipped. Any hint of surprise that crosses their face is going to cost them.

The thing to do is to order two bottles. This causes one's person to be enveloped in mystery.

This is like when I go to K10 and order about £25 of sushi at lunchtime. "How many sets of chopsticks would you like sir?" Just one mate, I am going to eat it all myself thanks.