Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WES’s restaurant review - Kiln, Soho

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    There's an Ivy in Leeds? I hope it's proper like the proper one.
    New ones opened in Leeds and harrogate, the Harrogate one is very much like the London one...not been to Leeds before but looks good
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    New ones opened in Leeds and harrogate, the Harrogate one is very much like the London one...not been to Leeds before but looks good
    There's an Ivy Market Grill in Covent Garden that I'm afraid is just a bang-average tourist trap.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    There's an Ivy Market Grill in Covent Garden that I'm afraid is just a bang-average tourist trap.
    Covent garden tourist trap shocker!!!!
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

As regards c) I'm trying to gather support for burning him in a wicker man in order to prevent Tottenham winning the Champions League.

I take it that, after last night, you're in?
    Whilst I have sympathy for your motivation in this regard, I did ask Monty for advice so I really have no one to blame but myself and would therefore feel guilty about using this unsavoury incident as an impetus for supporting you.

Good luck and everything, of course

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Whilst I have sympathy for your motivation in this regard, I did ask Monty for advice so I really have no one to blame but myself and would therefore feel guilty about using this unsavoury incident as an impetus for supporting you.

Good luck and everything, of course
    He openly gloated about Kane's injury and seconds later, Tottenham scored. That's not coincidence, WES. The gods of football will not be mocked. They must be appeased with human sacrifice.

This isn't personal, it's just science.

The restaurant experience can be quite a subjective matter, I'd say, given that tastes vary. That's [probably why we have many different types of restaurant. One man's 'noisy, cramped and loud' is another man's 'bustling, buzzing atmosphere'.

Certainly some seem to enjoy the Kiln experience more than you.

https://www.standard.co.uk/go/london...-a3860331.html

Personally, whilst I have enjoyed Kiln, anyone choosing it as a destination for diner en famille is either a bit thick or sadly out of touch with the London restaurant scene.
    Well, yes, I am out of touch with the London restaurant scene, which is why I asked someone that I thought was not.

And of course I was only offering my opinion, I thought that was obvious. I would point out that while the quality of the food is clearly subjective, shoving 8 dishes in front of you in about 10 minutes is not. It is clearly a volume business and en famille or not I find this objectionable.

He openly gloated about Kane's injury and seconds later, Tottenham scored. That's not coincidence, WES. The gods of football will not be mocked. They must be appeased with human sacrifice.

This isn't personal, it's just science.
    Ah well, as you know I am a man of science so in this case....

Burn the f*cker

There's an Ivy in Leeds? I hope it's proper like the proper one.
    It’ll be the same as the won in Wimbledon Village. Competent? Certainly. The real thing? No.