Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oi Ash! Londonloopwimb.

Oi Ash! Londonloopwimb.

I want to do the bit from Erith to Bexley at the weekend. I'm guessing that the first bit through Erith is a bit grim, but does it impreove relatively quickly? I don't really need to walk 8 miles through a post-industrial wasteland tbh.

Well, if you don't find the largest* scrapyard south of the Trent to be romantic and inspiring then you might call it a little grim, yes, but as sustainability is all the rage these days I am sure that you, as a man of enterprise, will also find it an invigorating experience.

Anyway, if you look the other way there's the mighty old river and, yes, the industry is soon left behind and you'll be enjoying the sultry desolation of the Dartford marshes in no time.

* I may have made this up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I want to do the bit from Erith to Bexley at the weekend. I'm guessing that the first bit through Erith is a bit grim, but does it impreove relatively quickly? I don't really need to walk 8 miles through a post-industrial wasteland tbh.
    You'll get eaten by pikeys.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    You'll get eaten by pikeys.
    There's no pikeys up Erith, surely?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Well, if you don't find the largest* scrapyard south of the Trent to be romantic and inspiring then you might call it a little grim, yes, but as sustainability is all the rage these days I am sure that you, as a man of enterprise, will also find it an invigorating experience.

Anyway, if you look the other way there's the mighty old river and, yes, the industry is soon left behind and you'll be enjoying the sultry desolation of the Dartford marshes in no time.

* I may have made this up.
    I'll trot round it on Sunday.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...orses-bar.html

I'll trot round it on Sunday.
    There's a good sense of walking out of London, although I think technically you don't leave the borough until you finally cross the Cray. Doubtless you'll enjoy some refreshment in the salubrious surroundings of the Bear & Ragged Staff. I expect you know Hall Place well, but we found the gardens were well worth a look.

I doubt they'll have got up at the sort of time you start your walks. Though there's a good chance they won't have gone to bed yet.

I doubt they'll have got up at the sort of time you start your walks. Though there's a good chance they won't have gone to bed yet.
    The first train from Bexley isn't until 08:21 on a Sunday Best part of the day gone already! Perhaps I'll take an uber.

There's a good sense of walking out of London, although I think technically you don't leave the borough until you finally cross the Cray. Doubtless you'll enjoy some refreshment in the salubrious surroundings of the Bear & Ragged Staff. I expect you know Hall Place well, but we found the gardens were well worth a look.
    I bought some excellent ale at Hall Place just this weekend. From Bexley Brewery had a stall at the farmer's market. The Redhouse Premium ale is excellent, but my favourite is the Black Prince porter #yum