Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Talking of perversion, what the fúck is up with the A1?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    So basically it's all lorry drivers and farmers wánking and shoving things up their arses?

Ewwww.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Oh, bits like the City Hall and Little Germany are fantastic examples of Victorian neo-classical architectural hubris, but there's clearly just no money.

At one point my wife (who is its biggest critic, having grown up there) said plaintively: 'It's not as bad as Middlesbrough', which I think is probably the definition of damning with faint praise.
    I'm sure jorge suggested that it's basically the Paris of the north.

Perhaps he lied?

I'm sure jorge suggested that it's basically the Paris of the north.

Perhaps he lied?
    Yes. It's so lovely that he's very careful to live outside it.

I was about to quip that perhaps all the little Chefs have turned into sex shops. Turns out it's true!

Oh, bits like the City Hall and Little Germany are fantastic examples of Victorian neo-classical architectural hubris, but there's clearly just no money.
    The work of George Gilbert Scott, ISTR. And neo-gothic, Shirley?

Yes, talking about all that sort of thing, what on earth were you smoking when

you wrote this?!
    You're only supposed to find women you can impregnate attractive.
    How, then, would you then explain birth control and abortion, masturbation, prostitution, Hollywood and homosexuality; indeed, recreational sex itself and the entire sex industry?

Surely, if anything, the very opposite of your comment is much closer to the truth: 99% of the women we find attractive is precisely because we have no intention of impregnating them; indeed, that we even understand the feat itself to be practically impossible?

There seem to be sex shops every 10 miles on the way up to Bradford. Who stops at the services and thinks 'Hmmm...what I really need is a massive strap-on, a cock-ring and a shít ton of lube?'

There was also a sex club called 'The Vanilla Alternative' somewhere in Cambridgeshire. Basically, the A1 is crawling with perverts.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    The work of George Gilbert Scott, ISTR. And neo-gothic, Shirley?
    I don't think so, no. Gilbert Scott did the Leeds General Infirmary, but I don't think he did the City Hall in Bradford.

Thing is, Gilbert Scott gets buildings attributed to him the way Wilde and Churchill do quotes.