Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Forza Citeh, etc

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    pretty sure I would have that joke the other way around, Burney
    No. I thought about it. 'My high point is near her low point' works from a physiological point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    No. I thought about it. 'My high point is near her low point' works from a physiological point of view.
    Ah, fair point. I was thinking of it more figuratively.*

*no idea if that is the right word or not

Phil Collins is unfairly criticised. FACT.
    Unfairly criticised! Are you attempting to suggest that calling the man an incorrigible, irredeemable monstrous great ****sock is somehow unfair?

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Unfairly criticised! Are you attempting to suggest that calling the man an incorrigible, irredeemable monstrous great ****sock is somehow unfair?
    How anyone can defend Collins is beyond me...what has the world come to
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

You're a middle-aged (I'm being kind) man. Don't you think it's about time you outgrew these childish notions of what's 'cool' and simply learned to evaluate these things on their own merits?

You're a middle-aged (I'm being kind) man. Don't you think it's about time you outgrew these childish notions of what's 'cool' and simply learned to evaluate these things on their own merits?
    You're a ghastly old Tory tosser (I'm being overtly generous). Any chance of you doing the same?(I've seen you dissing The Boss I think).

I was an old skool Genesis man so could never love Collins (note the kool way I spell skool b).

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Ah, fair point. I was thinking of it more figuratively.*

*no idea if that is the right word or not
    Of course you've no idea WES and we wouldn't expect you to have (you being from Canadia). Probably best to restrict yourself to a narrower more simplified lexicon old chap. Much less likely to embarrass yourself.

You're a ghastly old Tory tosser (I'm being overtly generous). Any chance of you doing the same?(I've seen you dissing The Boss I think).

I was an old skool Genesis man so could never love Collins (note the kool way I spell skool b).
    I 'diss' 'The Boss' not because I don't think he's any good, but because I find his working-class, cars-and-girls pose rather ridiculous coming from a man who's never done a stroke of real work in his life.
    That doesn't mean I don't like some of his songs very much. I simply find the act a bit silly.

I 'diss' 'The Boss' not because I don't think he's any good, but because I find his working-class, cars-and-girls pose rather ridiculous coming from a man who's never done a stroke of real work in his life.
    That doesn't mean I don't like some of his songs very much. I simply find the act a bit silly.
    That's rich! Playing a three hour rock 'n Roll set every night for three decades is a much greater physical grind than you've ever done you soft handed auld poove.

That's rich! Playing a three hour rock 'n Roll set every night for three decades is a much greater physical grind than you've ever done you soft handed auld poove.
    You don't think that a man who's never had an actual job masquerading as the bard of working class America is even the tiniest bit ludicrous?

Not as ludicrous as the nice Jewish son of an electrical retailer from Duluth, Minnesota masquerading as a hard-bitten, boxcar-ridin' hobo, of course, but still.

All in all, Woody Guthrie has a lot to answer for.