Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This from a spurs fan regarding their stadium capacity.......

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

This from a spurs fan regarding their stadium capacity.......

62,062 is the absolute stadium capacity. In football mode the front 3 rows aren't used (2 of them aren't even there with the grass pitch rolled out) and there is also seats lost to segregation etc. We'll never be able to get 62,062.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    62,062 is the absolute stadium capacity. In football mode the front 3 rows aren't used (2 of them aren't even there with the grass pitch rolled out) and there is also seats lost to segregation etc. We'll never be able to get 62,062.
    Thanks for sharing. Might I ask why this is important/relevant/interesting?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Thanks for sharing. Might I ask why this is important/relevant/interesting?
    The fact you're asking me to explain this to you, demonstrates why everyone thinks you're a prick

The fact you're asking me to explain this to you, demonstrates why everyone thinks you're a prick
    Brutal and effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Brutal and effective.
    Did you shawarma?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Did you shawarma?
    Nah. Went to Petts Wood and ate some Turkish nonsense. Home by 7.30 for a Game of Thrones. Lovely stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Brutal and effective.
    I'd go as far to say

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmDUdpKl7iM

back of the net

I'm not sure that anyone actually cares what the capacity of their stadium is. It's obviously a better stadium than the Emirates. Sadly for them, stadiums don't equal prizes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I'm not sure that anyone actually cares what the capacity of their stadium is. It's obviously a better stadium than the Emirates. Sadly for them, stadiums don't equal prizes.
    They care. They were going to make the capacity one more thousand than ours just so they could go "ya boo sucks". Then they thought "Where can you go from there?". And the answer was "One more" again. The Naming Rights Stadium. The stadium that's turned up to eleven. Twelve even.

And it may be better than The Grove is some shiny respects, and if it bankrupts the buggers it will certainly be a Good Thing, but it has the major disadvantage of being in Tottenham. Edmonton, practically. We have Upper Street and Cannonbury to enjoy either side of the match. They have the High Road.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    They care. They were going to make the capacity one more thousand than ours just so they could go "ya boo sucks". Then they thought "Where can you go from there?". And the answer was "One more" again. The Naming Rights Stadium. The stadium that's turned up to eleven. Twelve even.

And it may be better than The Grove is some shiny respects, and if it bankrupts the buggers it will certainly be a Good Thing, but it has the major disadvantage of being in Tottenham. Edmonton, practically. We have Upper Street and Cannonbury to enjoy either side of the match. They have the High Road.
    What's the story with Cannonbury, a? In all my years, I don't think I've ever visited Cannonbury. Is it a bustling village with bars, restaurants and chic boutiques like Hampstead, or something more edgy, a little more earthy, like Finsbury Park without the knives?