Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: This from a spurs fan regarding their stadium capacity.......

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Uskudar it was. I have a watermelon of compacted meat in my colon now.
    Herb must be on the tools today. Normally I’d expect him to be all over something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    They care. They were going to make the capacity one more thousand than ours just so they could go "ya boo sucks". Then they thought "Where can you go from there?". And the answer was "One more" again. The Naming Rights Stadium. The stadium that's turned up to eleven. Twelve even.

And it may be better than The Grove is some shiny respects, and if it bankrupts the buggers it will certainly be a Good Thing, but it has the major disadvantage of being in Tottenham. Edmonton, practically. We have Upper Street and Cannonbury to enjoy either side of the match. They have the High Road.
    I sort of wish we had remained at Highbury now that ticket sales contribute so little towards the club's income when compared to television rights. But I suppose it would have required extensive modernisation which would likely have cost a significant amount of money on its own.

I am perfectly happy with our souless ground, tbh. It doesn't need expanding etc. It's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    It has one of the finest pubs known to man - not been there for a while though
    Well the finest pub known to man is The White Horse in Parsons Green. You did say 'one of', though. So I'll excuse you on this occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Well the finest pub known to man is The White Horse in Parsons Green. You did say 'one of', though. So I'll excuse you on this occasion.
    That's a fine pub, r but by the fact that it is in West London it is a massive magnet for ****s. You know West London is full of ****s, don't you?

That's a fine pub, r but by the fact that it is in West London it is a massive magnet for ****s. You know West London is full of ****s, don't you?
    West London = Not really London

The Nell Gwynne. Given its situation, it should be dreadful. It's actually wonderful. Sa=ee also the Savoy Tup.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    The Nell Gwynne. Given its situation, it should be dreadful. It's actually wonderful. Sa=ee also the Savoy Tup.
    Both magnificent pubs that I know well.

Erm... you do realise I live in SW London, don’t you? Anyway, what’s wrong with it? I quite like the lack of stabby people there.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    West London = Not really London
    Precisely - it's East Buckingshamshire really. And as someone who grew up in proper Buckinghamshire I can assure you that is not a good thing

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Erm... you do realise I live in SW London, don’t you? Anyway, what’s wrong with it? I quite like the lack of stabby people there.
    Yes I was entirely aware of that fact. But then as a Saffa you probably belong there anyway

On another note proper cricket starts tomorrow. Big season for James Vince - seems like England have asked him to open for Hampshire with the idea that he'll bat there come August for England