Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: This from a spurs fan regarding their stadium capacity.......

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    For years I was convinced the ‘T’ had fallen
    off the end of their sign.
    I've always wanted to go in there and do the scene from Elf. "Congratulations you guys! You did it!"

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    The fact you're asking me to explain this to you, demonstrates why everyone thinks you're a prick
    I'm not sure that anyone actually cares what the capacity of their stadium is. It's obviously a better stadium than the Emirates. Sadly for them, stadiums don't equal prizes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I'm not sure that anyone actually cares what the capacity of their stadium is. It's obviously a better stadium than the Emirates. Sadly for them, stadiums don't equal prizes.
    They care. They were going to make the capacity one more thousand than ours just so they could go "ya boo sucks". Then they thought "Where can you go from there?". And the answer was "One more" again. The Naming Rights Stadium. The stadium that's turned up to eleven. Twelve even.

And it may be better than The Grove is some shiny respects, and if it bankrupts the buggers it will certainly be a Good Thing, but it has the major disadvantage of being in Tottenham. Edmonton, practically. We have Upper Street and Cannonbury to enjoy either side of the match. They have the High Road.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    They care. They were going to make the capacity one more thousand than ours just so they could go "ya boo sucks". Then they thought "Where can you go from there?". And the answer was "One more" again. The Naming Rights Stadium. The stadium that's turned up to eleven. Twelve even.

And it may be better than The Grove is some shiny respects, and if it bankrupts the buggers it will certainly be a Good Thing, but it has the major disadvantage of being in Tottenham. Edmonton, practically. We have Upper Street and Cannonbury to enjoy either side of the match. They have the High Road.
    What's the story with Cannonbury, a? In all my years, I don't think I've ever visited Cannonbury. Is it a bustling village with bars, restaurants and chic boutiques like Hampstead, or something more edgy, a little more earthy, like Finsbury Park without the knives?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    What's the story with Cannonbury, a? In all my years, I don't think I've ever visited Cannonbury. Is it a bustling village with bars, restaurants and chic boutiques like Hampstead, or something more edgy, a little more earthy, like Finsbury Park without the knives?
    Neither really. More of a leafy enclave with fairly big houses and the odd pub here and there. A river runs through it - the New River, though it's not new and it's not a river.

Neither really. More of a leafy enclave with fairly big houses and the odd pub here and there. A river runs through it - the New River, though it's not new and it's not a river.
    I've just looked at where it is. Of course I know it. I never knew it was called Canonbury. I suppose I must have seen it on the railway station but it never sank in. Ho hum.

I've just looked at where it is. Of course I know it. I never knew it was called Canonbury. I suppose I must have seen it on the railway station but it never sank in. Ho hum.
    Technically Cannonbury Station is in Highbury. They often name stations wrongly, and then people move places to where station names are.

So Primrose Hill is really Chalk Farm. Chalk Farm station is in what was once (west) Kentish Town. Highgate station is in Archway and Archway station (originally called Highgate) is in Upper Holloway. Most bizzare of all, Gillespie Road station is named after a place in Woolwich. Unbelievable Jeff!

Technically Cannonbury Station is in Highbury. They often name stations wrongly, and then people move places to where station names are.

So Primrose Hill is really Chalk Farm. Chalk Farm station is in what was once (west) Kentish Town. Highgate station is in Archway and Archway station (originally called Highgate) is in Upper Holloway. Most bizzare of all, Gillespie Road station is named after a place in Woolwich. Unbelievable Jeff!
    I avoided this by moving to a place nowhere near any of these stations. And then I moved countries

It has one of the finest pubs known to man - not been there for a while though

Fúck my old boots. This is some confusing shít.