Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I went for my contact lens fitting yesterday.

I went for my contact lens fitting yesterday.

It was all a bit of a struggle to start with, what with my possessing somewhat narrow eyes. After I had spent about an eye poking fingers in my eyes up to the elbow I became a little flustered and remarked to the charming young lady opthamologist, "I'm terribly sorry to make such a fuss, I seem to have rather slitty eyes" and she said, "Don't worry about it, you're not the only one" and of course she was chinese, wasn't she, and I wanted to die, didn't eye?

She was cute, too.

I might buy a magnifying glass and use it on wine bottles
    Struggling with wine label text
    Can just about read the country of origin
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    I might buy a magnifying glass and use it on wine bottles
    Struggling with wine label text
    Can just about read the country of origin
    Oh I just go by the colour. Of the wine, not the label.

Red or white is as much information as I need to make a decision. And either way the answer's likely to be yes anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    It was all a bit of a struggle to start with, what with my possessing somewhat narrow eyes. After I had spent about an eye poking fingers in my eyes up to the elbow I became a little flustered and remarked to the charming young lady opthamologist, "I'm terribly sorry to make such a fuss, I seem to have rather slitty eyes" and she said, "Don't worry about it, you're not the only one" and of course she was chinese, wasn't she, and I wanted to die, didn't eye?

She was cute, too.
    'Slitty eyes'? Ooooh, fúck me!

I'd have pretended I'd said 'shítty' and stuck to my story through thick and thin.

Why are you having contacts? I thought you only needed reading glasses?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    'Slitty eyes'? Ooooh, fúck me!

I'd have pretended I'd said 'shítty' and stuck to my story through thick and thin.

Why are you having contacts? I thought you only needed reading glasses?
    I've been wearing varifocals for a couple of years.

I don't mind wearing glases all the time but I just got fed up with all my sunglasses going to waste.

I've been wearing varifocals for a couple of years.

I don't mind wearing glases all the time but I just got fed up with all my sunglasses going to waste.
    Is it the varifocal contacts you're having? Let me know how you get on with them. I've heard mixed reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Is it the varifocal contacts you're having? Let me know how you get on with them. I've heard mixed reviews.
    No, apparently I have to have one eye for reading and the other for farseeing. Because of some stuff I didn't quite follow.

I'm starting a two week trial next week.

No, apparently I have to have one eye for reading and the other for farseeing. Because of some stuff I didn't quite follow.

I'm starting a two week trial next week.
    What? That sounds a bit mental.

She was cute, too.
    You could have introduced a little levity to ease the awkwardness by asking her which her fanny slanted c

Oh I just go by the colour. Of the wine, not the label.

Red or white is as much information as I need to make a decision. And either way the answer's likely to be yes anyway.
    what about the alcoholic content, sc?

Don't want to pick up anything other than a 10.5% rose on a school night?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”