Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mustafi.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    Correct re Brighton
    The Villa game must have been the Milk Cup tie where we lost to an easily beatable struggling side at Highbury (Mid 80s Arsenal ineptitude in a microcosm) and Howe preferred an out-dated Mariner in midfield instead of Williams
    One of your favourites - Robson - was crocked
    Stevie was simply one of the finest men ever to play for The Arsenal FACT

He’s certainly no Stepanovs or Blunderos but how we’re in the top 4 with him is beyond me.

No denying he’s got something about him but it’s time for us and him to shake hands and part ways.

Same with Xhaka....heard he wants the captaincy next season loooool

Agreed. But our mistakes cost us dearly because we don't really score enough; we often don't have enough goals to play with.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    He's not actually a bad defender at all, is he? I think he's a rather good centre back, actually.

He just makes the occasional mistake.

Who amongst you never makes a mistake? Hmm?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

He's not actually a bad defender at all, is he? I think he's a rather good centre back, actually.

He just makes the occasional mistake.

Who amongst you never makes a mistake? Hmm?
    No more than three per waking hour from me Sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    He’s certainly no Stepanovs or Blunderos but how we’re in the top 4 with him is beyond me.

No denying he’s got something about him but it’s time for us and him to shake hands and part ways.

Same with Xhaka....heard he wants the captaincy next season loooool
    Xhaka has been excellent this season

He’s been better in a few games but hardly top class.

If we can break even on him and Mustafi then let’s do it. We’ve lost loads on Ramsey and it looks like we’re going to keep paying Ozil 300k a week.

Gwen and Torreira are the future and would like us to add someone who can help take them and us to the next level.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    He’s been better in a few games but hardly top class.

If we can break even on him and Mustafi then let’s do it. We’ve lost loads on Ramsey and it looks like we’re going to keep paying Ozil 300k a week.

Gwen and Torreira are the future and would like us to add someone who can help take them and us to the next level.
    Nah. Xhaka's played like Xabi Alonso for much of this season. We're a markedly worse team without him.

Built the midfield around him, I say.

Nah. Xhaka's played like Xabi Alonso for much of this season. We're a markedly worse team without him.

Built the midfield around him, I say.
    Yep - spot on. Good leader too - I'd be more than happy for him to be captain. Look what happened when the Swiss took him off when 3-0 up the other day

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Yep - spot on. Good leader too - I'd be more than happy for him to be captain. Look what happened when the Swiss took him off when 3-0 up the other day
    Lols. I hadn't seen that. Daft búggers.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Torreira - Xhaka Gwendoozi

This fills me with joy. Not sure how often we've seen it this year but it is the way forward. And you could probably play any two of those in a two man midfield.