Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mustafi.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    What would Mike Riley do?
    ooooh, you tease...

**************** RILEY you know the rest....

and the answer, apparently, is FúCK ALL. If you play for Manchester united.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Sokratis doesn't ask too many questions either - makes a few mistakes but is indisputably a fine centre half. Maybe growing up* watching O'Leary, Adams, Bould, Campbell has spoiled us

*of course we haven't grown up yet
    I can't believe you missed out Willie Young. And Chalky Whyte.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    That may have been the case in the 70s and 80s and maybe even the early 90s but not so much now.

If you go to ground now, you need to make sure you get all of the ball and none of the man or some **** like Mike De*n will show you a red card.

I actually thought Mustafi had a decent game on Monday. Apart from the 2 hospital passes he made. And that 'cross'.
    Mikey Dee got the Ashley Young dismissal correct last night though. Albeit a second yellow - studs up, going over the ball. Much worse than Nacho's yellow on monday, which was studs down and cleaner contact with the ball. Though the point is that you just can't fly in off the ground as it can always be considered out of control.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    yer see, Chris Whyte. a completely forgettable player.

Not a bad one, just forgettable.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Mikey Dee got the Ashley Young dismissal correct last night though. Albeit a second yellow - studs up, going over the ball. Much worse than Nacho's yellow on monday, which was studs down and cleaner contact with the ball. Though the point is that you just can't fly in off the ground as it can always be considered out of control.
    Yeah - thought Nacho's was a good tackle. Got the ball with the top of the boot, but I can see why the ref gave it...

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Never saw either of them play live for Arsenal - saw Chalky play for Leeds. Didn't Mariner fill in at centre half at one point

More of an emergency though, LA

ie The only back-up (TA) was injured and some kid called Keown was out on loan
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post

More of an emergency though, LA

ie The only back-up (TA) was injured and some kid called Keown was out on loan
    Think Keown was at Brighton - we played Villa in the game I am thinking of and promptly sold MK to them the next year

Correct re Brighton
    The Villa game must have been the Milk Cup tie where we lost to an easily beatable struggling side at Highbury (Mid 80s Arsenal ineptitude in a microcosm) and Howe preferred an out-dated Mariner in midfield instead of Williams
    One of your favourites - Robson - was crocked
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    Correct re Brighton
    The Villa game must have been the Milk Cup tie where we lost to an easily beatable struggling side at Highbury (Mid 80s Arsenal ineptitude in a microcosm) and Howe preferred an out-dated Mariner in midfield instead of Williams
    One of your favourites - Robson - was crocked
    He was a proper unit, Mariner. I reckon tackling him must have felt like running into the side of a block of flats.