Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mustafi.

Mustafi.

He's not actually a bad defender at all, is he? I think he's a rather good centre back, actually.

He just makes the occasional mistake.

Who amongst you never makes a mistake? Hmm?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    He's not actually a bad defender at all, is he? I think he's a rather good centre back, actually.

But he seems to make criticial ones, sc.

AND. the same critical ones. Over and over.

Must notably going to fúcking ground too quickly. leading to all sorts of bad nonsense
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post

Must notably going to fúcking ground too quickly. leading to all sorts of bad nonsense
    he makes the sort of mistakes that you don't get away with in the PL. That said, I do agree with sc, I said it on Twitter the other day, there is a very good defender there, most of the time.
    Last edited by PSRB; 04-03-2019 at 12:50 PM.

If you're not going to fly into tackles, why bother being a centre back at all? That would be my question. His job is to go to ground. If, sometimes, there are unfortunate consequences, well that's just the nature of the beast.

He is ****. Next question.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    He is ****. Next question.
    Thank you for that thoughtful, nuanced analysis b.

If you're not going to fly into tackles, why bother being a centre back at all? That would be my question. His job is to go to ground. If, sometimes, there are unfortunate consequences, well that's just the nature of the beast.
    That may have been the case in the 70s and 80s and maybe even the early 90s but not so much now.

If you go to ground now, you need to make sure you get all of the ball and none of the man or some **** like Mike De*n will show you a red card.

I actually thought Mustafi had a decent game on Monday. Apart from the 2 hospital passes he made. And that 'cross'.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Sokratis doesn't ask too many questions either - makes a few mistakes but is indisputably a fine centre half. Maybe growing up* watching O'Leary, Adams, Bould, Campbell has spoiled us

*of course we haven't grown up yet

That may have been the case in the 70s and 80s and maybe even the early 90s but not so much now.

If you go to ground now, you need to make sure you get all of the ball and none of the man or some **** like Mike De*n will show you a red card.

I actually thought Mustafi had a decent game on Monday. Apart from the 2 hospital passes he made. And that 'cross'.
    What would Mike Riley do?

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Sokratis doesn't ask too many questions either - makes a few mistakes but is indisputably a fine centre half. Maybe growing up* watching O'Leary, Adams, Bould, Campbell has spoiled us

*of course we haven't grown up yet
    suprising omission of Kolo Toure there, la. Another, fine centre half, in his time of course.