Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Mustafi.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Torreira - Xhaka Gwendoozi

This fills me with joy. Not sure how often we've seen it this year but it is the way forward. And you could probably play any two of those in a two man midfield.
    Leno
    Hector Papa Kos Monreal
    Torreira
    Xhaka Gwendoozi
    Ozil
    Laca Boomerang

The proverbial midfield diamond with Torreira at the base and Ozil the top and two up front. That actually looks pretty decent. Not sure we've played that this year. And suggests that we may only be 2 or 3 players away.

Great timez

Torreira - Xhaka Gwendoozi

This fills me with joy. Not sure how often we've seen it this year but it is the way forward. And you could probably play any two of those in a two man midfield.
    I think that is was the chosen midfield during our dodgy spell But definitely an option when you have two good wing backs to provide the width.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I think that is was the chosen midfield during our dodgy spell But definitely an option when you have two good wing backs to provide the width.
    Yeah but wasn't that when we were hammered at the back with injuries? And Leno was not in the form then that he has been recently. Also don't recall him playing two up front either.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Lols. I hadn't seen that. Daft búggers.
    He was injured tbf
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Yeah but wasn't that when we were hammered at the back with injuries? And Leno was not in the form then that he has been recently. Also don't recall him playing two up front either.
    Possibly true - Bellerin was definitely out for most of that period for one thing. I like your team selection there - though as much as I love Nacho i think an upgrade there is important (and would seem to be along the lines of what we are planning from all rumours - would love Chilwell from Leicester)

Possibly true - Bellerin was definitely out for most of that period for one thing. I like your team selection there - though as much as I love Nacho i think an upgrade there is important (and would seem to be along the lines of what we are planning from all rumours - would love Chilwell from Leicester)
    Not Chilwell. Bad and expensive choice. The best choice is Kieran Tiereney. However, Alaba is sure to leave Bayern now that Hernandez has signed, no? He's also an Arsenal fan & said that he has dreamt of playing for the club

Possibly the two up front during the dodgy spell as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Not Chilwell. Bad and expensive choice. The best choice is Kieran Tiereney. However, Alaba is sure to leave Bayern now that Hernandez has signed, no? He's also an Arsenal fan & said that he has dreamt of playing for the club
    You've never seen Tierney play have you? If you have then you're a deviant for watching Scottish football.

Actually forgot about Alaba - would like him too