Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brexit predictions: How things stand

Brexit predictions: How things stand

Monty's key predictions:

Labour would end up voting through the withdrawal agreement (right)
    The majority of Tory MPs would sooner vote for a soft Brexit (or second referendum) than No Deal (right)
    The ERG would bend (half-right)

What's my prize?

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Monty's key predictions:

The majority of Tory MPs would sooner vote for a soft Brexit (or second referendum) than No Deal (right)

What's my prize?
    Should we not wait to see if any of these scenarios transpire? ... you big nosed featherwit.

Monty's key predictions:

What's my prize?
    Sorry, I didn't know Labour had voted for anything of the sort yet?
    Have the majority of Tory Mp's voted for a second ref?
    The ERG havn't got behind her deal yet and are showing signs of turning against her again.

so i think that makes it 0/3 for You on those "key" predictions (forgetting all the others that you got wrong)
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Monty's key predictions:

What's my prize?
    1/ Not right by any manner of means yet - there has been no discussion, let alone an agreement to support the deal
    2/ The majority of Tory MPs have categorically voted against a soft Brexit and a Second Referendum
    3/ The ERG has bent to some extent, but not enough and is highly unlikely do so again after last night's fiasco.

Other than that, great work.

Honestly, are you actually trying to make yourself look stupid?

Monty's key predictions:

What's my prize?
    What you need, old chap, is a hobby. Or even a healthy, satisfying sexual relationship. Either would chill you out a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    1/ Not right by any manner of means yet - there has been no discussion, let alone an agreement to support the deal
    2/ The majority of Tory MPs have categorically voted against a soft Brexit and a Second Referendum
    3/ The ERG has bent to some extent, but not enough and is highly unlikely do so again after last night's fiasco.

Does he need to try?

Voting against a soft Brexit and a Second Referendum is a very different thing to facilitating a No Deal, which only a minority of Tory MPs would do.

It's one thing to be wrong; it's quite another to tell people how right you were, when you were clearly wrong.

Still, it's good entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    It's one thing to be wrong; it's quite another to tell people how right you were, when you were clearly wrong.

Still, it's good entertainment.
    I can't remember either of them predicting May bending over and letting JC take her up the arse tbh, it's almost as if nobody had/has a clue what is/was likely to happen.

If I was JC I would set my red lines (that she won't agree to) and then eventually walk away and blame her, she is then left with little options and the whole mess will look like a Tory cock up. He could end up getting elected without actually having had a decent idea on brexit at anytime. i think the Tory party are so close to ripping themselves to shreds.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    I can't remember either of them predicting May bending over and letting JC take her up the arse tbh, it's almost as if nobody had/has a clue what is/was likely to happen.

If I was JC I would set my red lines (that she won't agree to) and then eventually walk away and blame her, she is then left with little options and the whole mess will look like a Tory cock up. He could end up getting elected without actually having had a decent idea on brexit at anytime. i think the Tory party are so close to ripping themselves to shreds.
    To be fair, trying to predict what May will do based on any expectations of honesty, rationality, common sense, party welfare or national interest is a hopeless undertaking. Every time you think she's reached her nadir, she finds a new way to limbo under it. It's extraordinary, really.

Corbyn is being invited into a trap here - that much is obvious. Labour's entire Brexit strategy has been predicated on refusing to clarify what it actually wants so it can blame the tories regardless of what happens. Anything that forces it into adopting unambiguous positions will lose it support from one side or another. He has to play it very carefully indeed. Either way, I would expect nothing whatsoever to result from these discussions.