Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Get off you filthy manc ****warbler! And have you noticed, on the rare occasions that

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Eh? I can assure you I've been called a **** more times while playing cricket than in virtually any other milieu.
    Really? Interesting, I was guessing as I have obviously never played it.

Certainly the gents I play hockey with would never use it, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Eh? How long have you lived in this country?
    I live in Surrey. If you used that word at a house party, in the pub with your mates, at a golf club or hockey club or pretty much any social venue I can think of, people would be aghast.

It's only in things football related that I ever use that word.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    I live in Surrey. If you used that word at a house party, in the pub with your mates, at a golf club or hockey club or pretty much any social venue I can think of, people would be aghast.

It's only in things football related that I ever use that word.
    You don't have any friends

More to the point, his social circle sounds hideously petty bourgeois

Imagine never saying ‘cùnt’.

Yeah, course. That's it.

Perhaps my friends are of a slightly different class than you are used to. There is a life outside of used cars, you know.

Actually, I wouldn't entirely disagree. Surrey is beautiful, but it has its drawbacks and a surplus of petty bourgeois people is one of them. Are you actually telling me that if you attended a Whitgift function of some kind you would use c*nt freely? At Charterhouse it would probably result in my son being expelled.

Yeah, course. That's it.

Perhaps my friends are of a slightly different class than you are used to. There is a life outside of used cars, you know.
    ****.*

*Not in the affectionate manner used between friends.

He's like RCEG with his Merc. He thinks he's made it because he lives in Surrey.

Actually, I wouldn't entirely disagree. Surrey is beautiful, but it has its drawbacks and a surplus of petty bourgeois people is one of them. Are you actually telling me that if you attended a Whitgift function of some kind you would use c*nt freely? At Charterhouse it would probably result in my son being expelled.
    Well we obviously wouldn't say it in front of our teachers, but we'd certainly call them it behind their backs. Generally, among the boys and in social circles, it was pretty commonly used.

Granted, Whitgift - whatever its benefits - is still in Croydon and so probably has a somewhat rougher edge than Chartreuse, but even so I think you'd be surprised. Some of the sweariest men I've ever known have been public school boys.

He's like RCEG with his Merc. He thinks he's made it because he lives in Surrey.
    I knew a chap who went to Sherborne and regularly started fights when drunk by sidling up to the girlfriend of (invariably) the biggest bloke in the bar and saying 'I'll bet you've got a lovely ****'*.
    He was as posh as you like.

*Obviously reprehensible behaviour of which I wholeheartedly disapprove and which I certainly never found amusing in any way - oh, no! #MeToo #TimesUp