Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: BBC IPL commentary

BBC IPL commentary

This is just a bloke sitting in front of a tv innit.

I can tell because they turn down the tv when they start the onfield interviews and adverts

Also they’re at least a couple of balls behind the actual live feed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    This is just a bloke sitting in front of a tv innit.

I can tell because they turn down the tv when they start the onfield interviews and adverts

Also they’re at least a couple of balls behind the actual live feed.
    I should hope so. We don't need to be sending blokes out there on the licence fee imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I should hope so. We don't need to be sending blokes out there on the licence fee imo.
    I still don't think I've ever watched a T20 game all the way through. I just find the format boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I still don't think I've ever watched a T20 game all the way through. I just find the format boring.
    Lords or the Oval on the proverbial balmy summer evening is just wonderful. Especially when Middlesex win. (not very often).

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Lords or the Oval on the proverbial balmy summer evening is just wonderful. Especially when Middlesex win. (not very often).
    I think the older I've got, the more I realise how much better cricket is when ball dominates bat.

In that sense, I think T20 has it arse-about-face.

The best T20 games are the low scoring affairs...just straight up trench warfare.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I think the older I've got, the more I realise how much better cricket is when ball dominates bat.

In that sense, I think T20 has it arse-about-face.
    Oh, I agree. The summer evening out isn't really about the cricket. The booze and the banter is lovely though.