Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: So it seems I'm going to Lisbon for a short break. What's good there, then?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Was it this place, by any chance? I wouldn’t call it post but perhaps our standards differ. Anyway, it was quite fantastic. I had the most wonderful leg of lamb there.

http://chapito-a-mesa.thefork.rest/en_GB/
    Yeah, that's the one. Look, before the food nazis get on my case I did I didn't say whether the food was any good, just the view.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Yeah, that's the one. Look, before the food nazis get on my case I did I didn't say whether the food was any good, just the view.
    Did you try the porklamb?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Did you try the porklamb?
    It was nearly fifteen years ago, forsooth!

They probably hadn't built in by then. Perhaps it was like the halal 'bacon' I had in a breakfast in Bayswater the other day. There were only two tiny pieces of it, perhaps so you couldn't tell it wasn't real.
    Last edited by Ash; 04-01-2019 at 03:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    It was nearly fifteen years ago, forsooth!

They probably hadn't built in by then. Perhaps it was like the halal 'bacon' I had in a breakfast in Bayswater the other day. There were only two tiny pieces of it, perhaps you couldn't tell it wasn't real.
    15 years since The Invincibles.......15 bloody years!! Where the hell has that gone???!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    15 years since The Invincibles.......15 bloody years!! Where the hell has that gone???!!!
    If you think that's bad, it's 30 since Anfield.

If you think that's bad, it's 30 since Anfield.
    Yeah, but that does seem like that long ago. I remember that afternoon of The Invincibles like it was yesterday, well, certainly more recent than 15 years

All recommendations welcome.
    Here:

tabernamoderna.com/

Gin lovers paradise as well

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Here:

tabernamoderna.com/

Gin lovers paradise as well
    Oh and pastel de nata as well - and they aren't just custard tarts, they are sublime custard tarts. I found a place that added a little sea salt to the pastry, made them even better. I averaged about 3 a day minimum.

Oh and here:

Porto Wine Bar
    Tábuas Porto Wine Tavern
    Portugal, Rua dos Bacalhoeiros 143, 1100-253 Lisboa, Portugal

And here:

Baixamar - Mariscos e Petiscos

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Oh and pastel de nata as well - and they aren't just custard tarts, they are sublime custard tarts. I found a place that added a little sea salt to the pastry, made them even better. I averaged about 3 a day minimum.

Oh and here:

Porto Wine Bar
    Tábuas Porto Wine Tavern
    Portugal, Rua dos Bacalhoeiros 143, 1100-253 Lisboa, Portugal

And here:

Baixamar - Mariscos e Petiscos
    Obrigado senhor.

Obrigado senhor.
    Ronaldo's bar is just around the corner from there, as well. You can have your picture taken next to a life size, moving picture thingy of him and drink the bar's signature cocktail which is a sort of passion fruit martini.

I decided against recommending it to you.