Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: So it seems I'm going to Lisbon for a short break. What's good there, then?

Sir C "Will you have peas with the grillsteaks? You must ensure that they are NOT petits pois. You want big fat peas. From a tin"

Too school dinnerish
    I always left the faded green bullet peas they served up

And the hemisphere of mash
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I'm thinking of the picture on the box... definitely peas, I'd say. Beans might be a bit... common.

These crinkle-cut chips. They're not going to be of the oven variety, are they?
    What kind of man do you take me for?

You can't get chips from ovens. You get...something else.

Burney "I preferred strawberry. Your mum would always tell you not to put too much powder in, not realising that what you wanted was the sludge at the bottom."

Ooh! Sweet as can be, wasn't it

Ash "Don't whatever you do sit in a bar watching Arsenal play Man Utd at OT. #game50 #MikeRiley "

Thankfully IUFG isn't in the AWIMB building today

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    Burney "I preferred strawberry. Your mum would always tell you not to put too much powder in, not realising that what you wanted was the sludge at the bottom."

Ooh! Sweet as can be, wasn't it
    Like pretty much everything children ate back then.

It is genuinely amazing that those of us who grew up in post-rationing Britain have any teeth left at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Don't whatever you do sit in a bar watching Arsenal play Man Utd at OT. #game50 #MikeRiley

I went to a posh restaurant on a hill overlooking the old town which was a fine view. No idea what it was called. Otherwise wander round the old town eating fish and drinking Superbok. Even the eggs taste of fish.
    Was it this place, by any chance? I wouldn’t call it post but perhaps our standards differ. Anyway, it was quite fantastic. I had the most wonderful leg of lamb there.

http://chapito-a-mesa.thefork.rest/en_GB/

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Was it this place, by any chance? I wouldn’t call it post but perhaps our standards differ. Anyway, it was quite fantastic. I had the most wonderful leg of lamb there.

http://chapito-a-mesa.thefork.rest/en_GB/
    It offers something called 'porklamb shank with spices and vegetable bulgur'.

Now either they've been undertaking unholy genetic experimentation over there or they're really hedging their bets.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    It offers something called 'porklamb shank with spices and vegetable bulgur'.

Now either they've been undertaking unholy genetic experimentation over there or they're really hedging their bets.
    That was perhaps the dish i had. Say what you like, but I was very fond of their tender pork lamb.

Steak à marrare is accompanied by mix salad

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    That was perhaps the dish i had. Say what you like, but I was very fond of their tender pork lamb.
    Their rather charming grasp of English aside, I rather like a restaurant that only offers three dishes per course. Never trust a restaurant with a huge menu.