Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: So it seems I'm going to Lisbon for a short break. What's good there, then?

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Similarly I can recommend the hospitality village from the Euro 2004 final but little else. I spent a couple of hours in the airport once as well - nice chicken place
    In fairness, my recollection of Munich is similar

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    All recommendations welcome.
    Buy sardines from the withered old men with buckets of charcoal. Sit on the floor outside one of the bars in Barrio Alto and scoff them with some oaky Portuguese white.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Buy sardines from the withered old men with buckets of charcoal. Sit on the floor outside one of the bars in Barrio Alto and scoff them with some oaky Portuguese white.
    Why would I sit on the floor?

Pastel de nata and Brazilian cocktails.

You people are no use.
    It was hot when I was there. Stinking, stinking hot. The main square was set up to hold the thousands of England supporters gathered foir the game against whoever it was. My chum went into a Portaloo to relieve himself and came out crying, "That's not a bog, it's a fúcking piss sauna!"

Piss sauna. 15 years down the road and I still chuckle at 'piss sauna'.

Quote Originally Posted by Norn Iron View Post
    In my top 10 of hugely over-rated things

Quote Originally Posted by Norn Iron View Post
    Oooh, Caipirinhas? I remember getting quite hammered on those at a churrasco in Austin.

100 degree heat, hard liquor and a massive load of meat. What could possibly have gone wrong?

Why would I sit on the floor?
    There are many spiks and few (if any) seats. But it’s quite romantic, really. Old man playing guitar, even older men cooking sardinhas, everyone else sitting around drinking & eating. Wd Portugueses.

You can find some steps to sit on if the floor is too demeaning.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    In my top 10 of hugely over-rated things
    They're very nice, but they're just custard tarts at the end of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    There are many spiks and few (if any) seats. But it’s quite romantic, really. Old man playing guitar, even older men cooking sardinhas, everyone else sitting around drinking & eating. Wd Portugueses.

You can find some steps to sit on if the floor is too demeaning.
    I'm 45 years old. I'm fúcked if I'm sitting on the floor anywhere. Could play havoc with me piles.