Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I shoot any mutha***ka that tries to jinx our push for 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Exactly! Imagine watching Spurs make a massive fúck-up in the last minute to lose a huge game they should have won and not being able to laugh oneself hoarse about it! Normally, I'd have had to change my trousers after such an eventuality, but yesterday all I felt was a vague sense of dread and scouse-based horror.
    I did, still think Citeh will stroll to the title. Needed spurs to lose as they have something like 5 home games left and only 2 away

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Not for me, Clive. We need top four and to finish above Spurs again on this, their greatest season since before anyone had heard of The Beatles. We can pray for Liverpool to slip up another day.
    You wait. You wait until the entire media is wánking itself into a froth about the 'great days' returning to Liverpool, how much it means to 'this great city'; Klopp joining the 'Pantheon of greats - Shankly, Paisley, Dalglish'; the Kop roar; the scouse sense of humour; 'This Is Anfield'; Hillsborough (the mawkish ****s will always shoehorn that in) - the full panoply of scouse-worshipping ****ery, basically. For months on end.

I'll remind you then that you felt it didn't matter.

You wait. You wait until the entire media is wánking itself into a froth about the 'great days' returning to Liverpool, how much it means to 'this great city'; Klopp joining the 'Pantheon of greats - Shankly, Paisley, Dalglish'; the Kop roar; the scouse sense of humour; 'This Is Anfield'; Hillsborough (the mawkish ****s will always shoehorn that in) - the full panoply of scouse-worshipping ****ery, basically. For months on end.

I don't listen to that cobblers any more. I haven't heard a moment of Sky punditry for a couple of seasons. It's liberating, really. Like switching Talksport off.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I don't listen to that cobblers any more. I haven't heard a moment of Sky punditry for a couple of seasons. It's liberating, really. Like switching Talksport off.
    Martin Tyler responded to a shot of a grinning Dalglish yesterday by calling him 'The King'.

It's already begun.

Not for me, Clive. We need top four and to finish above Spurs again on this, their greatest season since before anyone had heard of The Beatles. We can pray for Liverpool to slip up another day.
    There will be a lovely irony when it is Southampton who do for them on Friday ray:

Months! You think there'd be respite after just months! My dear Berni, it will persist for fúcking years.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Months! You think there'd be respite after just months! My dear Berni, it will persist for fúcking years.
    Oh, yes. I'm just estimating how long the initial ****phoria will last. The lower-level ****ery will rumble on indefinitely.

Not that it doesn't matter - just that we have to set priorities then take the rough with the smooth, or find another hobby basically. Besides, I've been on MSM lockdown for years now, so I am rarely exposed to the panoply of shíthousery.

Speaking of Klopp, I saw a quote from him at Dortmund saying "We have a bow and arrow and if we aim well we can hit the target. The problem is that Bayern has a bazooka. The probability that they will hit the target is clearly higher". Apart from wishing that he'd said panzerfaust, if a non-oligarch team were to win the league two years out of, what is it? Four, five? It gives us hope that we might win the league again one day. It would be a silver living of sorts.

Not that it doesn't matter - just that we have to set priorities then take the rough with the smooth, or find another hobby basically. Besides, I've been on MSM lockdown for years now, so I am rarely exposed to the panoply of shíthousery.

Speaking of Klopp, I saw a quote from him at Dortmund saying "We have a bow and arrow and if we aim well we can hit the target. The problem is that Bayern has a bazooka. The probability that they will hit the target is clearly higher". Apart from wishing that he'd said panzerfaust, if a non-oligarch team were to win the league two years out of, what is it? Four, five? It gives us hope that we might win the league again one day. It would be a silver living of sorts.
    ****NERDY WWII WEAPONRY PEDANTRY ALERT****
    Well strictly speaking a Panzerfaust was a single-use weapon and only accurate from very short ranges. In fact, a bow and arrow would be considerably more accurate. What you mean is a Panzerschreck.

And no, sorry. There is no upside to Liverpool winning the league. You could make the same argument about Tottenham winning the league, in fact. And that would be a catastrophe.

Not sure a team with a world record signings in goal* and centre half should give us much hope tbh

Although in better news Dortmund might actually win the Bundesliga if they can avoid defeat here next weekend. Big if of course but lovely to see them get the last minute winner and Lewandowski miss a sitter for Bayern to do likewise.

*since broken I know