Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Yup. Nothing undemocratic about that there EU.

Yup. Nothing undemocratic about that there EU.

So thirteen MEPs were tricked into voting the wrong way on a significant bill which passed by five votes. The EU agreed to modify their voting records but not the result.

Thankfully we have WES to come and explain how this is all a perfectly fine. It's democracy Jim, just not as we know it. Voters of Europe Unite! We have nothing to lose but our memes!

Has this story has appeared much outside of Guido Fawkes' website do you know?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    So thirteen MEPs were tricked into voting the wrong way on a significant bill which passed by five votes. The EU agreed to modify their voting records but not the result.

Thankfully we have WES to come and explain how this is all a perfectly fine. It's democracy Jim, just not as we know it. Voters of Europe Unite! We have nothing to lose but our memes!

Has this story has appeared much outside of Guido Fawkes' website do you know?
    I’m going to guess not.

So as ad hominem is one of your favourite debating tools, allow me to point out that this is a blog written by someone described as a ‘right wing political blogger’ who used to have a daily column in the Sun. so no chance of anti EU bias here

I also love the way he describes MEPs as ‘robotically’ voting as though they never actually think about it. Not to mention a voting process being described as undemocratic.

Honestly, if this is the best you can do the EU must be terribly democratic

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    So as ad hominem is one of your favourite debating tools, allow me to point out that this is a blog written by someone described as a ‘right wing political blogger’ who used to have a daily column in the Sun. so no chance of anti EU bias here

I also love the way he describes MEPs as ‘robotically’ voting as though they never actually think about it. Not to mention a voting process being described as undemocratic.

Honestly, if this is the best you can do the EU must be terribly democratic ��
    Are the facts of the story as reported unture, then?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Are the facts of the story as reported unture, then?
    I have no idea. Nor do you. Nor Burney nor Ash nor the chap that wrote it.

His basis for the story is described as ‘Guido understands’ - no quotes, no evidence, nothing.

It’s a blog, an idiot with an opinion, a bias and access to the internet, nothing more.

His basis for the story is described as ‘Guido understands’ - no quotes, no evidence, nothing.

It’s a blog, an idiot with an opinion, a bias and access to the internet, nothing more.
    No quotes other than the, you know, quotes?

Funny how thew story was also reported by that bastion of anti-EU propaganda, The Guardian. https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...ot-have-passed

As self-****ings go, you've excelled yourself here, old chap.

Honestly, if this is the best you can do the EU must be terribly democratic
    But 13 of them just admitted voting without thinking about it. Unless this right-wing blogger just made it up, of course.

Except oh, wait.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...ot-have-passed

He got the story from that well-known swivel-eyed right wing newspaper The Guardian.

Who's the fùckin idiot now?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    No quotes other than the, you know, quotes?

Funny how thew story was also reported by that bastion of anti-EU propaganda, The Guardian. https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...ot-have-passed

As self-****ings go, you've excelled yourself here, old chap.
    Top ****ing c, though our moose raping friend is no fool and will be feverishly trawling the internets, just as you did, until he finds a source that lends weight to his argument. Have your rebuttals and refutations ready!