Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So what next, then? Parliament shows a slight preference for a second referendum if

So what next, then? Parliament shows a slight preference for a second referendum if

Anything. May’s deal to rejected again because the DUP are against it. Long delay to Brexit will then be required followed by, presumably a general election and a second referendum? Or will it be a super-soft Brexit (customs union/free movement etc)

We’re going to end up remaining or having a Brexit so soft that we essentially did remain. But think of the wasted time, money and effort that went into all this. **** me.
    Last edited by Rich; 03-28-2019 at 09:27 AM.

It's normally at this point when democracy has failed that the masses turn to the gun. I don't see that in the English. They're a subdued and beaten people.
    Last edited by Arsenal Alcoholic Review; 03-28-2019 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal Alcoholic Review View Post
    It's not normally at this point when democracy has failed that the masses turn to the gun. I don't see that in the English. They're a subdued and beaten people.
    I’d quite like to do some riots and some loots, tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Anything. May’s deal to rejected again because the DUP are against it. Long delay to Brexit will then be required followed by, presumably a general election and a second referendum? Or will it be a super-soft Brexit (customs union/free movement etc)

We’re going to end up remaining or having a Brexit so soft that we essentially did remain. But think of the wasted time, money and effort that went into all this. **** me.
    I believe Europe give up on us on 12th April and we leave with No Deal, which is probably the best solution.

By ‘slight preference’, you mean it was defeated by 27 votes even when those voting knew it would have no weight.

Quite why people imagine it would gain rather than lose support when there’s a chance it might actually prove binding is beyond me.

There's still a loooooong way to go -certainly enough time for the government to come up with something that will appease the DUP. We're still very much in brinkmanship territory, Clive.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I believe Europe give up on us on 12th April and we leave with No Deal, which is probably the best solution.
    Definitely won’t happen. Tusk said last night that Europe can’t betray all the people in the UK that don’t want to leave. Long delay incoming.

Definitely won’t happen. Tusk said last night that Europe can’t betray all the people in the UK that don’t want to leave. Long delay incoming.
    A long delay is not something the EU wants. It would give the U.K. time to strengthen its negotiating position.

I’d quite like to do some riots and some loots, tbh
    I'll with you on this Rich. Until yesterday I was a committed remainer and to hell with you ****ing wog bashing ****s and your democratic majority .. then I see they are threatening my inalienable right to tear around on my motorbike as fast as I can farkin well get away with.

Very soon, insurers will refuse your business unless you take to the road with some kind of monitoring device, hideous killjoy ****s they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    I'll with you on this Rich. Until yesterday I was a committed remainer and to hell with you ****ing wog bashing ****s and your democratic majority .. then I see they are threatening my inalienable right to tear around on my motorbike as fast as I can farkin well get away with.

Very soon, insurers will refuse your business unless you take to the road with some kind of monitoring device, hideous killjoy ****s they are.
    Worse than that, these new cars are going to test your breath.

Yes, no longer will a chap be able to partake of a small libation or two on his way home from work to fortify himself to face the glw.

****s.