Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Here's what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I find electric shaving actually takes longer to get all the bits. I usually end up having to finish myself off with a wet shave anyway.
    pfnarr pfnarr
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Well I am often to be seen driving my Caterham 7, which has pretty much the same technology as the Austin 7, yes. It is also significantly more powerful and, as a result, would kill one of you kiddies beofre you reached the end of the road. It takes some effort to learn to control such a car, so you wouldn't be interested.
    Yes. Of course you realise that that is not a good thing, though, yes?

Ah good, I was just considering this month's audibling.
    I listened to another by that Coffin Path woman. It had Civil War lezzing up in it.

If I may make another recommendation, this is awfully interesting - far more so than it looks.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Prisoners-G.../dp/1783961414

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yes. Of course you realise that that is not a good thing, though, yes?
    No, I realise that the reliance on technology has produced two generations of 'drivers' who cannot drive but merely operate the machine. The electronic trickery keeps them alive.

As we have recently seen in the airline industry, depriving a generation of stick and rudder skills rarely works out well in the end.

Anyway, what on earth is wrong with wishing to excel at something for the sake of achievement? Why break your back planting spuds when you can buy them at Tescos?

No, I realise that the reliance on technology has produced two generations of 'drivers' who cannot drive but merely operate the machine. The electronic trickery keeps them alive.

As we have recently seen in the airline industry, depriving a generation of stick and rudder skills rarely works out well in the end.

Anyway, what on earth is wrong with wishing to excel at something for the sake of achievement? Why break your back planting spuds when you can buy them at Tescos?
    You want to 'excel' at shaving?

Weirdo.

A fine choice with the Merkur 34C Sir C, as per the below I have the same thing. I went back to this shaving before my wedding and delighted myself with learning how to be disciplined and perfect the shave in the 6 months before my big day. It is a MUCH better shave than with a mac3 or whatever else and with much less irritation as well.

Capture.JPG

Of course now I just use a beard trimmer on its lowest setting and never actually clean shave at all. It is so much easier all round.

Ooooh. Good idea. Then I could buy my blades off my fave barbers in Paharganj. Missus will be there in two days. I shall ask her to get me a few packs in case I get one of these. And one of those anti-septic crystals then rub your fave with after they squirt you with the plant waterer thingee.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Which is why I use an electric one. **** wet shaving- takes ****ing ages and feels horrible.

I can go from full beard to clean shaven in a couple of minutes. Piece of piss.
    You have clearly never been shaven by a sub-continental with a proper, old skool, cut throat razor, have you? It's even better when you get them to shave your head with one at the same time. I'm not really a hippy but you can definitely feel your crown chakra breathe. Danny in Withnail and I could not have been more wrong, imo. Though the sadhus agree with him.