Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Here's what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    It's not as close as a modern multi-blade effort, although if you want to you can go over it again and then it's really close. Let's be fair though, you're not going to have Jenna Coleman complaining that your stubble is irritating the insides of her thighs, are you?
    My wife is still watching thon Victoria thingy. I caught some of it last night. It's very bad and Lord Palmerston is oddly young.

She's still awfully pretty, though.

On another note, I just finished young Mr Hepworth's latest effort on the LP. Not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I've used a safety razor before, pal. Indeed, I learned to shave using one. It required patience, time and a steady hand - three things I simply no longer have.

While we're at it, why not go back to double declutching, drum brakes and manual choke?
    I'm all in favour of all of those things. They are among the reasons why I can drive properly. Without ABS, power steering, radial tyres and traction control one could take pleasure in driving safely and accurately. You youngsters just want everything handed to you on a plate, which is why you have no self-respect.

This makes no sense. Why would anyone go back to a less safe, slower and more difficult shave? The world has moved on. I want to spend as little time and effort shaving for the lowest price. Going back to cutting oneself to flitters is counter to reason.
    Which is why I use an electric one. **** wet shaving- takes ****ing ages and feels horrible.

I can go from full beard to clean shaven in a couple of minutes. Piece of piss.

I'm all in favour of all of those things. They are among the reasons why I can drive properly. Without ABS, power steering, radial tyres and traction control one could take pleasure in driving safely and accurately. You youngsters just want everything handed to you on a plate, which is why you have no self-respect.
    This, presumably, is why you are regularly to be seen tooling about in your Austin 7, I take it?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Which is why I use an electric one. **** wet shaving- takes ****ing ages and feels horrible.

I can go from full beard to clean shaven in a couple of minutes. Piece of piss.
    I find electric shaving actually takes longer to get all the bits. I usually end up having to finish myself off with a wet shave anyway.

My wife is still watching thon Victoria thingy. I caught some of it last night. It's very bad and Lord Palmerston is oddly young.

She's still awfully pretty, though.

On another note, I just finished young Mr Hepworth's latest effort on the LP. Not bad.
    I only know her from seeing the first series. It says something that she is the only current toothsome hottie who sprang to mind. I suppose there are others?

Which Hepworth book is that? I get confused. I see there is a new one out I haven't yet read, 'Nothing Is Real'?

This, presumably, is why you are regularly to be seen tooling about in your Austin 7, I take it?
    Well I am often to be seen driving my Caterham 7, which has pretty much the same technology as the Austin 7, yes. It is also significantly more powerful and, as a result, would kill one of you kiddies beofre you reached the end of the road. It takes some effort to learn to control such a car, so you wouldn't be interested.

I only know her from seeing the first series. It says something that she is the only current toothsome hottie who sprang to mind. I suppose there are others?

Which Hepworth book is that? I get confused. I see there is a new one out I haven't yet read, 'Nothing Is Real'?
    I haven't read that one either. It's summat to do with The Beatles - about whom I am wildly indifferent. No, this is called 'A Fabulous Creation' and is about the lifespan of the LP between Sergeant Pepper and Thriller. It's on Audible.

I haven't read that one either. It's summat to do with The Beatles - about whom I am wildly indifferent. No, this is called 'A Fabulous Creation' and is about the lifespan of the LP between Sergeant Pepper and Thriller. It's on Audible.
    Ah good, I was just considering this month's audibling.

I find electric shaving actually takes longer to get all the bits. I usually end up having to finish myself off with a wet shave anyway.
    It does require a bit of precision if you want a perfect shave, shifting between trimmer and razor. I still find it much quicker though.

The biggest thing for me is there is no dry skin or soreness afterwards.