Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RazorWIMB. I need a new one. I've been using a Mach 3 head for over a decade as my

RazorWIMB. I need a new one. I've been using a Mach 3 head for over a decade as my

beloved got me a set with a proper badger tail brush*.

But the Mach 3 blades are a scam now. They are nowhere near as sharp as they used to be. Even when I buy them expensively in reputable French chainstores, not just online. I refuse to pay four quid for a blade I can use just once.

So what do I get?

Part of me wants to get a cut throat like they shave me in India. But given I cut myself with the safety razors shaving on K, I be at risk of topping myself accidentally.

I found a SL Tamil who shaves me in Paris for €7. At the start of the century I had a 'Stani in Barca who'd do it for two.

But I reckon you need to be a born and bred sub-continental to do it properly.

All genuine advice appreciated.

*Pointless factoid. The French use the word blaireau for both the animal and the shaving brush.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post

But the Mach 3 blades are a scam now. They are nowhere near as sharp as they used to be. Even when I buy them expensively in reputable French chainstores, not just online. I refuse to pay four quid for a blade I can use just once.

So what do I get?

Part of me wants to get a cut throat like they shave me in India. But given I cut myself with the safety razors shaving on K, I be at risk of topping myself accidentally.

I found a SL Tamil who shaves me in Paris for €7. At the start of the century I had a 'Stani in Barca who'd do it for two.

*Pointless factoid. The French use the word blaireau for both the animal and the shaving brush.
    I went back to using a safety razor a couple of years ago. It took a while to adjust - you can't hack away and hope like you do with a Mach 3, you need to take a little care. But once you're used to it, it's rather satisfying and the costs amount to fúcker and pence.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post

So what do I get?

Funnily enough i'm having the exact same predicament. I've used mach 3 for yonks but for the past year their blades have been ****. I'm debating whether to get the Gillette Fusion Styler so i can do a bit of both (trim and leave stubble or clean shave) or a Dorco 6 because the blades are cheaper.

So what do I get?

I use Harry's. They're very good, miles cheaper than Gillette and they just turn up on your doorstep.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I use Harry's. They're very good, miles cheaper than Gillette and they just turn up on your doorstep.
    I was looking into them recently - seem quite decent. I may well get some

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    Funnily enough i'm having the exact same predicament. I've used mach 3 for yonks but for the past year their blades have been ****. I'm debating whether to get the Gillette Fusion Styler so i can do a bit of both (trim and leave stubble or clean shave) or a Dorco 6 because the blades are cheaper.
    Thank you. I've got a set of clippers for my head and beard, so I doubt I need this Fusion. But that Dorco 6 looks fine, as long as the blades stay as sharp as long as Mach 3 did in the old days.

Please let me know if you get one before me.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    But do you choose when they turn up on your doorstep, or do you have to subscribe?

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Would recommend. And it means relaxing the Gillette corporation's vice-like grip on your knackers.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Just looked at their website. Massive pic of Harry Kane.

I shall use the other won instead. Probably.

But do you choose when they turn up on your doorstep, or do you have to subscribe?
    You subscribe to different packages. My box comes every five months, which seems to do me - and I shave every day.

The only issue I have with them is their recent hook-up with big-chinned yid **** slag Harry Kane. This has forced me to look at alternatives.