Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: On another note, it is amusing to hear the squeals of young people about Article 13

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...ledge-16031889
    Hopefully someone will run her over
    Hang on. They protested action on global warming by stopping trams?

Trams? Possibly the most environmentally friendly mode of mass transport there is?

These people just want the fastest means of transport available to all of us to be the bamboo bicycle, don't they?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    The Swedes, presumably

Although given their immigration policies in recent years, you do have to wonder about even that.

The point is that nations still think like nations and not in terms of a European nationality. That means that instances like this where entire countries are bound by legislation they didn't ask for, don't like and in fact explicitly rejected can only continue to build up resentment of the larger entity because there is an inherent democratic deficit. The whole premise of the European project is fatally flawed by the non-existence of a sense of European nationhood.
    I suppose......

Nations are all very well but we are increasingly living the in an age where the biggest issues are bigger, broader and more significant than nations and require greater cooperation- climate change, internet stuff, etc.

I would probably argue that these are the kinds of issues that a supra national body like the EU should focus on, rather than banning fags.

Hang on. They protested action on global warming by stopping trams?

Trams? Possibly the most environmentally friendly mode of mass transport there is?

These people just want the fastest means of transport available to all of us to be the bamboo bicycle, don't they?
    Yep, I did wonder how most of them actually got into the city

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I suppose......

Nations are all very well but we are increasingly living the in an age where the biggest issues are bigger, broader and more significant than nations and require greater cooperation- climate change, internet stuff, etc.

I would probably argue that these are the kinds of issues that a supra national body like the EU should focus on, rather than banning fags.
    Not really. The existence of big nations does not render smaller nations obsolete. Besides which, it is perfectly possible to effect cross-border co-operation without creating a huge, inefficient, undemocratic superstate.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I suppose......

Climate change

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Climate change
    I know. Surely every intelligent person has realised by now that, even if Anthropogenic Climate Change is a real thing, we are going to do absolutely nothing meaningful to stop it, since two billion chinks and Indians want cars and aircon and Africans aren't going to stop breeding any time soon?

Oh, well if you agree with it, that's fine.

Jesus wept.

Every single Swedish MEP voted against this. Every single one.

But Swedes will all still have to live with it because the frogs want it. And there is nothing whatsoever that Swedes can do to change it. They just have to sit there and suck on it.

But friendship 'n brotherhood, right?
    Of course I don't support it. One of our 5 min video montages is cut to a Moby track and has had about 1m views. We've already had youtube block the audio on a film the glw made at college about a junky-whore couple that was being used by 2 different NHS trusts to make staff realise that "service users" are in fact human. And I wouldn't have been able to come out here in Jan and cut footage of the that boxer slapping the CRS and the general rioting to S+G's The Boxer any more.

But if it ****s off the snowflakes and stops them doing those idiotic video clips, well, every cloud and all that.

I know. Surely every intelligent person has realised by now that, even if Anthropogenic Climate Change is a real thing, we are going to do absolutely nothing meaningful to stop it, since two billion chinks and Indians want cars and aircon and Africans aren't going to stop breeding any time soon?
    It's a swindle, of that I have absolutely no doubt. Legions of timewasters in lab coats, incapable of earning a living in the real world, being paid to manipulate data to support vested interests sucking taxation from working schmoes and routing it directly into their 'renewable energy' schemes.

It's a conspirass.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    It's a swindle, of that I have absolutely no doubt. Legions of timewasters in lab coats, incapable of earning a living in the real world, being paid to manipulate data to support vested interests sucking taxation from working schmoes and routing it directly into their 'renewable energy' schemes.

It's a conspirass.
    I want acid rain to make a comeback!!

Not really. The existence of big nations does not render smaller nations obsolete. Besides which, it is perfectly possible to effect cross-border co-operation without creating a huge, inefficient, undemocratic superstate.
    I'm not disagreeing with that. My point was that if you are to have supra national bodies they should focus on, and exist for the sake of, global issues rather than standardisation and political integration.