Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Ravi Ashwin

Angry Ravi Ashwin

Scumbag cockaroach

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    Scumbag cockaroach
    Quite right, t but the umpire should never have given it out. He clearly faked the delivery stride. Jos has to learn as well though - not like he isn't quick enough (or needs singles)

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Quite right, t but the umpire should never have given it out. He clearly faked the delivery stride. Jos has to learn as well though - not like he isn't quick enough (or needs singles)
    I have you right on all counts.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I don't actually mind this. Batsmen have been taking the píss for years. The law about the delivery stride is also nonsense, since you virtually have to be faking the delivery stride in order to see a batsman's out of his ground, stop it and run him out.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I don't actually mind this. Batsmen have been taking the píss for years. The law about the delivery stride is also nonsense, since you virtually have to be faking the delivery stride in order to see a batsman's out of his ground, stop it and run him out.
    Not really the spirit of the game though, is it? Wouldn't mind if he'd warned him 1st

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Not really the spirit of the game though, is it? Wouldn't mind if he'd warned him 1st
    I'm a batsman and I've never understood why it should be legitimate to run someone out who carelessly or deliberately wanders out of his ground at the striker's end, but not when they do exactly the same thing at the non-striker's end. It's rubbish.
    The line is there to tell you where you can and can't be when the ball is live. If you move outside it (as batsmen repeatedly do to obtain an unfair advantage), your wicket is forfeit. The concept of warning is archaic nonsense.

I'm a batsman and I've never understood why it should be legitimate to run someone out who carelessly or deliberately wanders out of his ground at the striker's end, but not when they do exactly the same thing at the non-striker's end. It's rubbish.
    The line is there to tell you where you can and can't be when the ball is live. If you move outside it (as batsmen repeatedly do to obtain an unfair advantage), your wicket is forfeit. The concept of warning is archaic nonsense.
    If he has delievered the ball JB would have still been in his crease when the ball left his hand, so the whole incident is wrong, should have been called a dead ball and start again
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

oh, I think it is fair game and you're right but under the rule as it stands it probably shouldn't be given out. I believe they have actually changed the law but it doesn't come into force until Monday. With the third umpire they could even be calling one short every run if the non-striker is out of his crease before the ball is bowled. that would stop em

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    If he has delievered the ball JB would have still been in his crease when the ball left his hand, so the whole incident is wrong, should have been called a dead ball and start again
    That's a function of the way the law is now written. In the old days, the bowler was permitted to pull out of his delivery stride at any point in order to give a warning or run the batsman out.