Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: I believe I speak for every red-blooded male when I say in response to this story

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Kristin Hersh on Friday. Sooooo happy I dont have to go

I got a monumental savaging from two irish women recently for my views on women in music. You would have thoroughly enjoyed the conversation.
    Women in music peaked with those two in the Human League...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Women in music peaked with those two in the Human League...
    Nah. Joni Mitchell.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Nah. Joni Mitchell.
    She's from Canadia, b...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Nonsense, I'm afraid. They've bantered you off. You're looking at it the wrong way. It sounds like in your formative years, it's women that taught you how to be a man. I'll bet you were even present at your kid's birth?

If the bird you've just knocked up believes you find her vile, or merely even anything less than as attractive as ever, if not even more so, she will never, ever forgive you for this betrayal (she believes she is doing you a favour, carrying your child). Which means bairns #2, #3 and so on, you know, an actual family, likely won't happen. In fact, the marriage/partnership is, to all intents and purposes, dead.

Now, the dolly in this situation is vulnerable and needs support and protection so the thing will perhaps last for a bit, but only until she gets her breath back. Then, one way or another, officially or unofficially, there will be a break-up. At the very least an irreparable, spiritual one.

And from there, society and civilisation and all that sort of thing dies.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Why? From an evolutionary point of view, you're not meant to find pregnant women attractive since they're a reproductive dead end. You're only supposed to find women you can impregnate attractive.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Yes, it was a strategic error to declare that you would never marry her. Everything from that point is her revenge.

You ought to at least have allowed hope to spring eternal, as the man said, especially if you're actually going to hang around.

Her plan is just to get me back there, by any means. Get me paying for everything, driving her everywhere etc....

She has precisely no interest in me whatsoever. She just needs money, help and company. She makes this very obvious, to the point of openly stating this is what she wants, and is then stunned when I tell her that it's never going to happen, and why.

It is becoming obvious that the house situation needs resolving sooner rather than later. I am never going to be truly free of her until it is sold.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Kristin Hersh on Friday. Sooooo happy I dont have to go

I got a monumental savaging from two irish women recently for my views on women in music. You would have thoroughly enjoyed the conversation.
    Ha! Ladykillers by Lush is just coming up on my playlist. I bet you think it's about you.

On a more serious note, or chord even - Magnapop, especially their second album (produced by Bob Mould) have a great sound and some good choons.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Ha! Ladykillers by Lush is just coming up on my playlist. I bet you think it's about you.

On a more serious note, or chord even - Magnapop, especially their second album (produced by Bob Mould) have a great sound and some good choons.
    All I said was that I didn't like Joni Mitchell or Kate bush. And it's true, I don't. When I mentioned the women I did like (Amy wine house, the fleetwood mac with the birds in it, a bit of blondie, maybe even Florence) they went mental.....

At some point I did apparently suggest that I wouldn't stand for women in music but that was after they went after me

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Yes, it was a strategic error to declare that you would never marry her. Everything from that point is her revenge.

You ought to at least have allowed hope to spring eternal, as the man said, especially if you're actually going to hang around.
    I had good reasons for not getting married.

1. She didn't actually want to
    2. We hated each other
    3. I didn't want to
    4. Money
    5. **** that!

Yes. Very good, but the point is, you don't tell her all that. That's how chaps end up getting strangled in their sleep or poisoned, with the bird getting off scot-free.

1. Just so. That's what they all say. It's you that's supposed to want to.
    2. Irrelevant, m'lud.
    3 See: #1.
    4. See: #2
    5. You say you were together for ten years so what difference would it make? What difference would it make if it were twenty years? Or forty

I had good reasons for not getting married.

1. She didn't actually want to
    2. We hated each other
    3. I didn't want to
    4. Money
    5. **** that!

All I said was that I didn't like Joni Mitchell or Kate bush. And it's true, I don't. When I mentioned the women I did like (Amy wine house, the fleetwood mac with the birds in it, a bit of blondie, maybe even Florence) they went mental.....

At some point I did apparently suggest that I wouldn't stand for women in music but that was after they went after me
    I never got the appeal of Kate Bush. She gave me the creeps. Weird, spiky dancing, wobbly, shrieky voice and scary eyes. Not into Joni Mitchell either but I don't have a list of reasons. Maybe something about whining about wanting a Mercedes Benz.

When you said you didn't like them did you use diplomatic language about taste or did you say they were shít and anyone who likes them is an idiot?