Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: I believe I speak for every red-blooded male when I say in response to this story

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    No, I have had a relatively smooth ride thus far. She just went and got a job and lost a load of weight, two things that would have been rather nice while we were together.....

THe worst is yet to come as the house needs to be resolved. However, thus far it has been great fun.
    Glad you're well, Pedro. Good luck with the rest of the project.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    God I miss
    It's really odd, because it's 18 months now since I quit and I haven't missed it for a second. It's bizarre. A bloke offered me a drag the other day and I had no interest in it at all. I don't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Not at all. I'm renting a rather palatial flat in chelmsford, overlooking the park. Its lovely. There is nobody there to shout at me, I can watch things on telly that don't have vampires/witches/ghosts in them, I can smoke as much as I like.... it's great.

I do miss my cats, ever so slightly.

I saw a Scottish Springsteen tribute act a couple of weeks ago. Not great.....
    Springsteen in a kilt. Clarence on bagpipes. Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Beware of the weight loss. Next thing you know she'll have a new chap in tow who will be very insistent on her 'rights' and be encouraging her to make life as difficult as possible for you.
    Or worse still it's an attempt to win Peter back and when it fails the real shítstorm commences - woman scorned and all that

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    It's really odd, because it's 18 months now since I quit and I haven't missed it for a second. It's bizarre. A bloke offered me a drag the other day and I had no interest in it at all. I don't understand.
    It took me years of having given up before I finally reached that stage. As you know, I could always be tempted by other people's (your) cigarettes for several years after having knocked the habit on the head.

These days, the idea fills me with disgust.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Or worse still it's an attempt to win Peter back and when it fails the real shítstorm commences - woman scorned and all that
    Oh, god! She's going to turn up at his door in thigh-high boots and a miniskirt.

I used to work with a slightly mental married lady who lost a lot of weight and started dressing like this and flirting outrageously.

I had sex with her, obviously.

Springsteen in a kilt. Clarence on bagpipes. Nice.
    Bruce is a fine scotch name, to be fair.

Springsteen not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    God I miss
    16 years since I quit and I could still murder one of the little ****s. Would be mortified with myself if I did though

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    It took me years of having given up before I finally reached that stage. As you know, I could always be tempted by other people's (your) cigarettes for several years after having knocked the habit on the head.

These days, the idea fills me with disgust.
    I still have the occasional puff on my vape, but there's no nicotine involved, so I still enjoy the flavour of tobacco. i just don't fancy the idea of smoke.

I still have the occasional puff on my vape, but there's no nicotine involved, so I still enjoy the flavour of tobacco. i just don't fancy the idea of smoke.
    Been 2 months, total cold turkey, 95% of the time I don't miss it, just once or twice a day I'd like one. It does seem far easier this time than previously