Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Well I heard Mr Farage being quizzed about a second referendum and he was all for it.

Well I heard Mr Farage being quizzed about a second referendum and he was all for it.

He said the Brexit lobby should get fully behind it and make it happen because he has no doubt Leave will increase their vote share considerably thereby leaving Remain with nowhere left to hide.

I have a feeling he is right.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    He said the Brexit lobby should get fully behind it and make it happen because he has no doubt Leave will increase their vote share considerably thereby leaving Remain with nowhere left to hide.

Why do you think he's right? 90 million people have signed a petition and 5 million marched on The House apparently to revoke A50 and remain. Everyone knows we're all going to starve to death if we leave so remain to cruise it imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Why do you think he's right? 90 million people have signed a petition and 5 million marched on The House apparently to revoke A50 and remain. Everyone knows we're all going to starve to death if we leave so remain to cruise it imo.
    Of the 17 million (actually) who thronged the streets, 16.9 million of them, sadly, are transgender lizards with no pénises or voting rights so their voice cannot be heard this time. However, Home Secretary in Waiting Abbot has promised to redress this iniquitous lack of franchise the day after she takes office.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post

Back to jellied eels! Of course this is 2019 so they will be artisan, sea lair-to-table jellied eels.

There will not be a further referendum. There is no parliamentary majority for it, nor is there likely to be. It would create a whole new round of **** and an atmosphere ten times more vitriolic than that which we saw in 2016. Seriously. If one MP were attacked, those voting for another round of cockerel-fighting on steroids would be told (fairly or otherwise) that it was on their conscience. Besides, what would it achieve? No idea if the result would be "Remain" or "Leave"....but I am sure it would be a lower turnout than the 72% who turned out last time, so the mandate would be weak.

General Election is far likelier, if the MPs vote for an "indicative option" which crosses the red lines on which both parties fought the last one.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post

There was a piece on a sunday morning journal show abut Sunderland. Evidently Sunderland voted heavily to leave, around 62%. Reporter interviewed folks in the pubs including many that voted Remain but would now vote Leave. Estimated that the Sunderland Leave total would be around 80% now.