Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So the revoke article 50 petition is now at 5.4mil and according to my casual

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

So the revoke article 50 petition is now at 5.4mil and according to my casual

calculations it is increasing about 600k per day although I expect that will pick up as took a look over the weekend when I would expect people are less likely to access the internet and vote.

So if it increases the rate slightly and is linear over the course of this week it should be pushing 10mil by the end of the week.

It's not a valid petition as it's full of holes.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    It's not a valid petition as it's full of holes.
    Something being full of holes is pretty much par for the course on all things Brexit related, Pat.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    calculations it is increasing about 600k per day although I expect that will pick up as took a look over the weekend when I would expect people are less likely to access the internet and vote.

So if it increases the rate slightly and is linear over the course of this week it should be pushing 10mil by the end of the week.
    They had their chance at the the ACTUAL referendum. Police saying apparently that attendance at the weekend was more like 200k

I’m coming around to the idea of another referendum just to see their reaction when leave wins again.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    I’m coming around to the idea of another referendum just to see their reaction when leave wins again.
    That would of course be utterly hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    That would of course be utterly hilarious
    Absolutely. In fact, I'm struggling to think of an outcome that won't result in hilarity at some level. At the same time, I'm not convinced that any outcome will be that different than any other. So we can watch people get incredibly upset for very little reason.

Great fun.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    They had their chance at the the ACTUAL referendum. Police saying apparently that attendance at the weekend was more like 200k
    Impressive turnout, all the same. Central London hasn't witnessed that many white middle class people on it's streets since around 1974.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Impressive turnout, all the same. Central London hasn't witnessed that many white middle class people on it's streets since around 1974.
    Two or three million people for the first protest against the Iraq war. Speaking of which, many of the people that lied about that have their pants on fire again right now....

Indeed. Although there has long been talk that they were actually right that time. Labouring the point was just considered not worth the effort, as the "goal" was achieved. Or as our learned Yankee friend might put it, there are some rabbit holes one does not want to go down

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Two or three million people for the first protest against the Iraq war. Speaking of which, many of the people that lied about that have their pants on fire again right now....
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."